1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

And you thought your commute was bad - 370 miles!

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by jrthebassguy, Apr 21, 2006.

1. SnoMan

SnoMan Words Words Words

Jan 27, 2001
    Charleston, WV
    Whatever makes you happy......

I guess.....

:eyebrow:

2. Kibuddy

Kibuddy

Apr 30, 2005
    7 hours? How much time does that leave him to work?

3. fookgub

fookgub

Jun 5, 2005
    Houston, TX
    The article seem to indicate the he does this every day. How in the heck?!? Let's see... 14 hours driving, 8-9 hours working... that leaves 1-2 hours for everything else. :meh:

4. Vorago

Vorago (((o)))

Jul 17, 2003
    Antwerp, Belgium
    No I see why you spoiled brats are complaining about gasprices :D

5. guy n. cognito

guy n. cognito Secret Agent Member Gold Supporting Member

Dec 28, 2005
    Nashville, TN
    I'm guessing that's his round trip commute. 3.5 hours each way. Still pretty stupid if you ask me.

6. syciprider

syciprider Banned

May 27, 2005
    Inland Empire
    LOL. I'm but a neophyte with my 140 miles/day.

7. fookgub

fookgub

Jun 5, 2005
    Houston, TX
    "370 miles to work and back"

oops... yeah, 7 hours round trip. Still... that's 15 hours working and driving. Take out another 7 or so for sleeping, and that only leaves two hours. And he's around talking about his how balanced his life is? what a jackass!

8. DigMe

DigMe

Aug 10, 2002
    Waco, TX
    And I thought my 3 blocks was bad! :D

bc

9. guy n. cognito

guy n. cognito Secret Agent Member Gold Supporting Member

Dec 28, 2005
    Nashville, TN
    I'm 1.1 miles from door to door. You've got me beat.

10. lamborghini98

lamborghini98 The Aristocrats

May 1, 2005
    NYC; Portland, OR
    Wow... I was mad surpised to see that 26.5 minutes is the largest average commute time..

My commute to school is about 80 minutes, and thats not even that long for my school! Both of my parents have had similar commute times (my mom's is about 45 minutes, but it used to be almost 2 hours each way). 26.5 minutes is nothing to complain about. At all.

11. lamborghini98

lamborghini98 The Aristocrats

May 1, 2005
    NYC; Portland, OR
    Oh, and the head custodian for my school (and this is the case for many NYC schools) lives in PA, so he sleeps at school and it takes him about 3 hours to get home on the weekends. My sister's boss lives in south Jersey, which is about 2 hours each way, I guess. Crazy people...

12. If I hit every light correctly, then my longest commute is to school at just under 20 minutes. Give or take according to traffic.

If I drove for 3.5 hours in any direction I would probably leave the state. And since Oregon is the 10th largest state, that's saying something.

Rock on
    Eric

13. I have to wonder though, if his commute is truly that long, I doubt he works five days a week. I imagine he probably works only 3-4 days out of the week.

14. dhodgeh

dhodgeh

Jul 15, 2004
    FLA-USA
    According to Google Maps, the distance between his home city, Mariposa, and where he works, San Jose, is about 159 miles, or about 3.5 hours.

That still a lot of time commuting. I'll not be complaining about my 28 (one way) mile commute any more.

D

15. d8g3jdh

d8g3jdh Guest

Aug 9, 2005
    I can see my school from my bedroom window, in fact, if I hope my fence I'm on school property.

I win.

16. :spit:

::little kid voice on::

I slept in the school for a week once. Beat that!!

Rock on
    Eric

17. irjason

irjason In Memoriam

Nov 17, 2001
    Louisville, KY
    I used to drive 100 miles a day round trip, I thought that was bad. I feel for the guy. He should do what I did and get another job.

18. mrpackerguy

mrpackerguy Supporting Member

Jul 3, 2004
    Madison, Wisconsin
    Or, thunk another way: 1857 miles per week or 95,570 miles per year.

19. AuG

AuG

May 22, 2005
    Fort Collins, CO
    I drive about 25 minutes to work each way. That's about, what, 2 and a half Opeth songs? :D

AuG