Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Anders Jormin!

Discussion in 'Bassists [DB]' started by Lovebown, Mar 23, 2003.

1. Lovebown

Lovebown

Jan 6, 2001
    Sweden
    Anyone heard of this swedish double bass player?

I'm listening to a solo album of himr ight now... Quite simply amazing. He's got a huge big sound, flawless intonation and GREAT chops. And of course he has very deep musical ideas that are really interesting and clear too.

If you haven't heard his playing I urge you to check out either his solo albums on ECM or something with Bobo Stenson trio.

/lovebown

2. Yeah, he's really underrated...most people on this side of the Atlantic haven't heard of him, or Palle Danielsson for that matter.

The last three or four Stenson trio albums have been fabulous.

3. Lovebown

Lovebown

Jan 6, 2001
    Sweden
    I'm glad to hear you've heard their stuff Peter!

Bobo Stenson trio is IMO a cool trio, although Jormins excellence is perhaps even more obvious on some other records hes on. He played with Charles Lloyd quartet with Stenson too which is cool.

Palle daniellson as well as Lars Daniellson are great too.

Hopefully I'm getting Jormin as a teacher for the summer!

/lovebown

4. :eek:

Lucky whoreson.

5. Slapfiddle

Slapfiddle Supporting Member

Jun 29, 2004
    New York City
    Check out "The Call" under Charles Lloyds name. It's from 1993 on ECM. This is the album that turned me onto Anders. He plays an amazing solo using false harmonics. He and Palle, Dave Holland and Vitous all have great earthy bass sounds.

6. oliebrice

oliebrice

Apr 7, 2003
    London, UK
    Just heard him on the radio, for the first time, last night. Gorgeous tone, very ECM style playing.

7. Three favourites of mine on ECM: solo album Xeyi, War Orphans - Bob Stenson Trio, Serenity - Stenson again both with John Christianson on drums.