1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Request Andomeda by Gorillaz

Discussion in 'Tablature and Notation [BG]' started by Melker Wicksell, Mar 23, 2017.

Tags:
  1. The band Gorillaz just an hour ago released a song called Andromeda. It has a simple yet amazing bassline. I am to new at playing bass to make out what notes it is. Is there anyone here that could take the time to listen to the song real quick?

and make a bass tab for me? there are none available yet.

I have a 4 stringed bass. And I would like it in this kind of format if possible:
    -----------------------0----------------------------------------0-2--0-4-2----|
    |---------------0-2---2---0---2h0-------------------------0-2--2------------|
    |----0-2-3----3--------------------3-2-0-----0-2-3----3---------------------|
    |--------------------------------------------------------------------------------|

2. I am off to bed btw, so it will be some hours before I can reply.

3. I don't tab, but, I do use chord charts, aka fake chord sheet music. Here is a chord chart for the song Andomeda (Gorillaz). Andromeda Not trying to yank your chain, but, don't go through life begging someone to tab out your sheet music. Do it yourself or find something else to use. I use fake chord sheet music, which is easy to find. Just ask Google for - chords, name of the song. Give it a try.

OK once you've got the fake chord what do you use. Roots work. Roots fives work better. The generic bass line of R-5-8-5 works even better. Where do you find all those numbers?
    Major Scale Box.
    G|---2---|-------|---3---|---4---| 1st string
    D|---6---|-------|---7---|---8---|
    A|---3---|---4---|-------|---5---|
    E|-------|---1---|-------|---2---|4th string

OK the fake chord is capoed, but, lets work around that and play the chords listed. For a place to gather your notes assume the song is in A before you bring in the capo. Why A? Kinda looks that way to me. A's as good a key as any other. Female vocalists like A, guys like G.... I sing in D. Pick a key and play.

Chords in A are A, Bm, C#m, D, E, F#m, Gm7b5.
    Numbers..........1...2.....3......4..5....6........7

Where the fake chord sheet music has an A play the 1 in the box. When there is a D play the 4 and yes when the E is shown play the 5, etc.

I just gave you fake chord sheet music and how to use it with The Nashville numbers system. See what you can do with this....... Tabs are OK for licks and fills, but playing a complete song from tabs, there is another way. Of course IMO.

If you are a note by note person you will not feel comfortable composing your own bass lines. I enjoy the freedom it gives and like to compose my lines.

Some good information here. How to get started?

Last edited: Mar 23, 2017
    ColdEye and Melker Wicksell like this.
  4. Allright, thank you! I really appreciate it. As I said I am very new to bass and I haven't figured out how to make my own sheet music yet. And the song is very new so there is none available on google yet.

5. Jloch86

Jloch86

Aug 1, 2016
    Check out the Tablature and Notation section. It's a goldmine for tabs and sheet music.

Melker Wicksell likes this.
  6. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Apr 22, 2021