Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

andrew schroetter 3/4 bass

Discussion in 'Basses [DB]' started by groovking, Sep 21, 2002.

1. anyone have any experience w/ andrew schroetter 3/4 uprights? one on ebay right now, but im not sure if its worth the cash. the reason it would be good for me if they are a descent bass is because the seller lives @ 10 miles from my house. any help would really be appreciated as i don know the termionology etc on 3/4 basses. ive been plugged in all my life. http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=906237740&rd=1

i got some additional info,...it appears it is made in the paesold factory, by paesold,......i looked in the f hole. model # as sbo6

also how would you determine if it has an ebony fingerboard, rather than ebonized?

im new to double bass and im really having a hard time researching this bass and would really appreciate any input! thanks, jim

2. Jeff Bollbach

Jeff Bollbach Jeff Bollbach Luthier, Inc.

Dec 12, 2001
    freeport, ny
    I have some experience with those basses and they are not that bad. If in fact it is a carved top then it is a great deal at that price. As far as determining whether it is ebony-you can scrape a small area on the underside of the board and it should be apparent if it is lightening or not. HTH