1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

andrew schroetter 3/4 bass

Discussion in 'Basses [DB]' started by groovking, Sep 21, 2002.

1. anyone have any experience w/ andrew schroetter 3/4 uprights? one on ebay right now, but im not sure if its worth the cash. the reason it would be good for me if they are a descent bass is because the seller lives @ 10 miles from my house. any help would really be appreciated as i don know the termionology etc on 3/4 basses. ive been plugged in all my life. http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=906237740&rd=1

i got some additional info,...it appears it is made in the paesold factory, by paesold,......i looked in the f hole. model # as sbo6

also how would you determine if it has an ebony fingerboard, rather than ebonized?

im new to double bass and im really having a hard time researching this bass and would really appreciate any input! thanks, jim

2. Jeff Bollbach

Jeff Bollbach Jeff Bollbach Luthier, Inc.

Dec 12, 2001
    freeport, ny
    I have some experience with those basses and they are not that bad. If in fact it is a carved top then it is a great deal at that price. As far as determining whether it is ebony-you can scrape a small area on the underside of the board and it should be apparent if it is lightening or not. HTH