Andrew W.K. Bassist

Discussion in 'Bassists [BG]' started by Bob Clayton, Aug 18, 2002.

1. Bob Clayton

Bob Clayton Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Aug 14, 2001
    Deptford, NJ
    Is he really anygood?
    What kind of bass(es) does he have?

2. Lackey

May 10, 2002
    Los Angeles
    a 4 string Salmon Spanker w/Basslines and a 5 string Monkey Wacker w/EMG's. He uses Rogue strings, Gorilla amps and Kustom cabs.
  3. I wouldn't say his basslines are anything spectacular, but he's energetic and fun to watch on stage.
  4. PollyBass

PollyBass ******

Jun 25, 2001
    Shreveport, LA
    Yeah, he's nothing big, he does the job, has fun, plays music.
  5. He does his job.

I saw him playing a Red PJ Fender on the Party Hard video. Then I turned off the TV and whacked myself in the head hoping to knock some sense back into me for watching it.
  6. Good thing his pants didn't rip!
  7. john turner

john turner You don't want to do that. Trust me. Staff Member Administrator

Mar 14, 2000
    atlanta ga
    more like party tard.
  8. stop_drop_pop33

stop_drop_pop33 Guest

Aug 15, 2002
    under your bed
    i second john's statement (for once) ;)
  9. Howard K

Howard K

Feb 14, 2002
    i saw andrew wk supprting the chili peppers a few months ago at london docklands.

this is only my opinion. I thought the entire 'band' was the most appaling display of talentless corporate pop-rock crap I've ever seen and heard. I think the songs are rubbish and the musicans are mindless fools for playing it.
    On top of that it was like "my first beat", my first bass line", "my first power chord" and to top it all "my first lyric".

Only my opinion, s'not personal. :)
  10. Don't hold back now, tell us how you really feel. :D
  11. Lazy

May 30, 2001
    Vancouver BC
    You can't really blame his musicians because I think he played all the instruments on the record and hired them to go on tour with him.
  12. I agree with all negative things about Andrew W.K that have been said and will be said in future posts

13. Howard K

Howard K

Feb 14, 2002
    This is true... except for that little thing called integrity! - Mind you, if were offered a good few grand to do the tour I'd be there!!!
  14. Dave Castelo

Dave Castelo

Apr 19, 2000
    i know a fella who really likes to...

(i can make you* party hard too... send me a nice picture of yourself)

*supporting members only ;)
  15. Nick man

Nick man

Apr 7, 2002
    Tampa Bay
    I seriously think you people dont understand that the entire purpose of all of Andrew WK's songs are to have fun rocking out.

None of its supposed to be serious, and its all supposed to be ridiculously easy. Some people enjoy that more than playing complex music.

They do what they do because they find it fun.

You dont think its fun? Well Im sure they might not think what you find fun is fun.

Its different points of view and different tastes. Cant we just let it rest at that?

16. That is freakin' hilarious.
  17. Dave Castelo

Dave Castelo

Apr 19, 2000

hehe... thanks

PS: hey DHC i made it with lots of love and respect!!

don't hurt me!! :D
  18. I don't think making deep and complex music is what WK set out to do. Oh well, party music it is

On a slightly unrelated note, how many pairs of soiled white pants and shirts does he have? Or does he just never change? And is he perpetually sweaty like that?

I'm tempted to say its all one just one big huge image campaign, I'm not quite sure though. He's a pretty intelligent (and INTENSE! Have you ever read any interviews with him?) guy, I wouldn't put it by him that he wasn't smart enough to think that up.
  19. Lazy

May 30, 2001
    Vancouver BC
    :D LMAO

I know, I can smell the guy from here. How come people didn't think I was cool when I refused to bathe???:confused: