Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

andrew wk

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by bassandlax, Apr 1, 2002.

1. bassandlax

bassandlax

Dec 31, 2001
    Raleigh, NC
    anyone heard of andrew wk?
    he rocks pretty hard...
    haha
    i think im gonna get the album tommorow

joe

2. Dave Castelo

Dave Castelo

Apr 19, 2000
    Mexico
  3. agreed

4. bassandlax

bassandlax

Dec 31, 2001
    Raleigh, NC
    i thought that that was a dead giveaway hah... but i might actually get it, its great, i heard all the songs on the cd are just about partying. I find that funny, or maybe im just easily amused.

(am i the only one that loves 80s hair metal?)

joe

5. melvin

melvin

Apr 28, 2001
    When I first saw the video for "Party Hard" I couldnt stop laughing. The whole piano thing and what not. And the robot voice at the start :D

6. I have to admit, that was definately a riot when i saw it too. I'd go to a show of theirs just to see how they fit in the piano on stage and who plays it.;)

7. Dave Castelo

Dave Castelo

Apr 19, 2000
    Mexico
    i saw him recently on a Much Music interview in some basement... the guy is just WEIRD

on his music: well i have just heard one single but i also have heard the other songs are prety much the same... sounds pretty "Pop" more than ROCK

8. PollyBass

PollyBass ******

Jun 25, 2001
    Shreveport, LA
    THEY SUCK! kidna catchy but all logic says to my brain that they suck.

9. imagine, that guy sat down at a table and said "i'm going to write a good song today." Then he wrote that song, then he brought it to his buddies and said "here you go." then they were like "awesome, i'm going to write music for that." Now, some A&R man at the record company saw them and said "Wow! I can make money off of this" and now they are on the t.v. Isn't that scary how bad music actually goes through a process?

BTW, Sorry I'm so retarded....

10. mmm. It's okay. Not great.

Okay. Catchy...sorta. Makes me feel better about the stuff I come up with. Because I could prolly fart out that song. Not that it's bad...but

It's okay.

11. oddentity

oddentity

Nov 20, 2000
    Philly
    It's like Twisted Sister on crystal meth, without the makeup.

Or something.

12. John Davis

John Davis Guest

Mar 27, 2001
    Houston, Texas
    ARGH!!!

I saw that video weeks ago, and it just sounded like mid-scooped crap-fest. Of course my friend made fun of my for not liking it.....so one day he locked me in his car and made me listen to it. Well, I got the door open after about a minute of that song, jumped out hands first, and busted his window handle with my knee. We're even know. :D

PARTY HARD!

*dances*

Sorry, even if I hate the song, that was funny.

13. barroso

barroso

Aug 16, 2000
    Italia
    ....and the drummer was the drummer of death metal band Obituary!:eek:

14. arky86

arky86

Jan 29, 2002
    Andrew WK is the coolest man what are you thinking .....um or not. party hard stuff died with twisted sister and all the other hair bands.:cool:

15. Just so no one gets their panties all ruffled up, I think it might be prudent to make the following declaration:

Andrew WK is a joke. Literally. The man has publicly stated that everything he does is one large joke. He is not an 80's revivalist, he is an 80's parodyist.

So laugh at it. It's supposed to be funny. Too bad a legion of mulletheads will soon think they have found the new messiah.

16. James Hart

James Hart

Feb 1, 2002
    toms_river.nj.us
    Endorsing Artist: see profile
    lol

that's almost as bad as "Rock Star" staring Marky Mark (funny movie for anyone in a Hair band in the 80's that can laugh about it now :)

17. ARA punk

ARA punk

Jul 11, 2001
    USA, Shelby, NC
    Who would want to put themselves through that kind of embaresment??

18. Someone who wants to have fun and make a big wad of cash at the same time.

19. I saw the video for Party hard the other day and I didn't stop laughing for 15 minutes. I might actually get the cd (off the net of course, I'm not paying for that garbage) just for a laugh.

Love the piano bit, cling - cling - cling - cling. That guy is the piano's Fieldy.