1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Android or iPhone

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by Gorn, Feb 21, 2018.

Tags:
  1. Android

49 vote(s)
    57.6%
  2. iPhone

29 vote(s)
    34.1%
  3. Neither/dumbphone/living off the grid and only going into town for grain and occasional mystery solv

7 vote(s)
    8.2%
  1. Gorn

Gorn

Dec 15, 2011
    Queens, NY
    I'm guessing it'll be an even split. Do you use an iPhone or an Android?

2. Oddly

Oddly Unofficial TalkBass Cartographer! Supporting Member

Jan 17, 2014
    Dublin, Ireland.
    I'd say more Android votes.
    We're bassplayers, not sheep.:D

3. woodyng2

woodyng2 Supporting Member

Oct 4, 2015
    Oregon Coast
    Apple all the way. (Mac,ipad,iphone,apple tv).

Mvilmany and saabfender like this.
  4. DirtDog

DirtDog

Jun 7, 2002
    The Deep North
    iDroid user here

5. MJ5150

MJ5150 Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Apr 12, 2001
    Olympia, WA
    I've given a few different iPhones a try over the years, even owned an original iPad.
    Amazing devices in appearance, design, and reliability. That's for sure.
    Just not the right solution for my own needs, so I stick with Android. I've been using an Android device since the beginning.

-Mike

Stumbo likes this.
  6. Dude I've used every brand except apple, because I'm still salty about them taking Logic to just apple. That was my first software for production and those mofos stoleit from me!

But I've been using a Samsung s7 for over a year with zero issues. Used motoroll, htc, and LG. Can't even touch Samsung man.

Just buy a samsung. I promise you'll be happy and the batteries WILL NOT EXPLODE. That's all bullcrap. Mine is amazing wither the wireless charger and any car charging (but my charger distorts music... think it's the charger really).

If you want the best TV you buy samsung. So they do screens well. And I promise the battery is top notch. Can stream Netflix while using chrome or anything else for HOURS. Like, a lot.

If I were you I'd never buy anything but samsung. I never will. Samsung 4 Lyfe son!
    Doooooo iiiiitttttt! Hehe... But for real they are amazing phones.

7. Android all the way. Because I have one and I like it . Therefore it must be good. iwas ithinking iabout igetting an iphone..imeh..no ithanks..

MJ5150 and TOOL460002 like this.
  8. Nooooooo! Never think about it. Never! Stay true. Stay android my brotha!

ZenG likes this.
  9. slobake

slobake resident ... something Supporting Member

My experience has been that Apple products last longer. Had an Iphone for quite a few years while my wife went through several Android products. Same with my laptop, probably one Mac for every 3 or four windows machines she has had. Of course, I use things as long as possible. I was unable to upgrade my last laptop anymore.

Mvilmany, OldDog52 and TOOL460002 like this.
  10. Ya. That's a laptop. A well built PC is bullet proof. I know this from experience. But a droid!

11. JRA

JRA my words = opinion Supporting Member

android just happens to 'play' one particular app so well (the iphone app for the same system = sucks) that it became my choice when i went to a smartphone from a flip phone. i'd still be getting little flip phones if it were not for digital mixing....ha! :laugh:

likewise: i use windows/pc instead of apple/mac.

TOOL460002 likes this.
  12. Also it's so much easier for me to build a PC system than apple. I guess it's what you're used to huh?

Bob Lee (QSC), Stumbo and JRA like this.
  13. I know you eat apple burritos..

TOOL460002 and slobake like this.
  14. Stumbo

Stumbo Wherever you go, there you are. Supporting Member Commercial User

Feb 11, 2008
    the Cali Intergalctic Mind Space
    Song Surgeon slow downer software- full 4 hour demo
    Android is Google. If that's okay, then Android.

I have a MS Windows 10 phone. One of the few out there but it works for me because I use it for business type apps and it syncs well with my Surface and PC.

I also have an Android tablet that works fine and has a lot of apps available. MS has integrated their software to work with Apple and Android.

iPhone vs. Android: Which is better? - CNNMoney

MonetBass, OldDog52 and MJ5150 like this.
  15. Ironbar

Ironbar

Aug 24, 2013
    Portland, Oregon
    Android.

16. fdeck

fdeck Supporting Member Commercial User

Mar 20, 2004
    Madison WI
    HPF Technology LLC
    I'm a bottom feeder in terms of cell phone hardware and service. My current Android phone cost 50 bucks, and my service plan is 10 bucks a month. I've never seen a comparable deal involving an iPhone.

tonequixote likes this.
  17. D M C

D M C Oh good god, this again? Supporting Member

Feb 19, 2015
    North America, Earth
    On the threshold of a verge on the brink.
    iPhone. My sister had an iPhone and her neighbor talked her into an android. She would (and still does) ask me for help with things on her phone but it baffles me. iOS is familiar so I’m staying with it.

MJ5150 likes this.
  18. I agree with this. That is the reason for... never mind. I use an android. I guess I don't agree with D M C.

D M C and Oddly like this.
  19. Flip.

ahc and saabfender like this.
  20. flojob

flojob Gold Supporting Member

Oct 15, 2011
    Android. Expandable memory ftw.

Bob Lee (QSC) likes this.