1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Android tablet users...

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by fdeck, Jan 1, 2012.

1. fdeck

fdeck Supporting Member Commercial User

Mar 20, 2004
    Madison WI
    HPF Technology LLC
    Santa just brought me one. Naturally, I've loaded some really geeky stuff, such as Py4A and Addi. For fun, I'm slowly porting my speaker design app to the Android platform.

For music, I've already found a free tuner app, and iRealBook is pretty slick. But I wonder what else I should be looking at. The Adobe reader will display PDF'ed sheet music, but is there a better PDF reader for this purpose?

2. mmbongo

mmbongo Dilly Dilly! Supporting Member

Aug 5, 2009
    Carolinas
    Not related to .pdf's, but Spotify is a must for music. You have to pay for the premium service though if you want to sync offline to your Android, which is $10 a month. But, it's saved me from spending 5 times that on CD's that I got to listen to before buying.

3. Pilgrim

Pilgrim Supporting Member

Cool thing about the Droid system is the ease of downloading, trying and uninstalling apps. I have a wi-fi Xoom and it's a great tablet.

Try some different PDF readers...you may find one you like better.

4. Even cooler is most devs will give you a predetermined amount of time to try a paid app. If you uninstall in that time frame, you don't get charged. You've got a better chance of seeing Jobs' ghost than Apple allowing refunding an app's cost simply because you didn't like it!