Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Anesthesia - How do you...

Discussion in 'Technique [BG]' started by FunkyTragic, Nov 8, 2005.

1. FunkyTragic

FunkyTragic

Jun 18, 2005
    England
    do that bit right before the drums end,you know,the high bit.Is it pinch harmonics?if so,how does cliff do them with his fingers goddamnit!!!this has been bugging me for a while,anyone know the feeling?

2. Hookus

Hookus

Oct 2, 2005
    Austin, TX
    I beleive he is touching his strings to the pickups.

3. nick g.

nick g. Supporting Member

Nov 9, 2003
    Chandler, Arizona
    Tapped harmonics.

4. ^Yep.
    Fret a note, then tap it 12 frets higher. It's all on the 9, 10 and 12 frets. Pretty easy line once you know how to do it.

5. ghouldani

ghouldani

Sep 14, 2005
    are you guys playing it with 3 fingers? If so, what pattern?

6. Petary791

Petary791

Feb 20, 2005
    Michigan, USA
    Mmmmmmmm tapped harmonics good.

I found them out accidently one day now I use them all the time.

7. I'm pretty sure you are talking about the tapped harmonics part...you fret a note and then you tap on the fret(I'm talking the metal not the space in between the frets, you tap on the fret itself)and I'm quite sure Cliff does it 7 frets higher not 12...and in case you're wondering the really high noises after the long nail scrapes at the very end is Cliff touching the strings to the pickups or the pickup cover.

8. musicman5strng

musicman5strng

Mar 28, 2005
    Cliff used tapped and artificial harmonics I haven't played the song in a long time but if I remember the main part he uses them you fret the 12th fret on the g string and get a harmonic by tapping on the 19th fret of the g string while still fretting the note. then fret the 10th fret on the g and tap 17th then fret 9th and tap 16th and so on for the end run.

The very end before whiplash starts the is pushing/touching the open d and g strings to the pickups

thats should get you rollin