Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Anesthesia sound with a 506II?

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by Maiden Militia, Apr 9, 2005.

1. Maiden Militia

Maiden Militia

Apr 7, 2005
    Hey guys, can anybody help me with getting my 506II to sound like Anesthesia distortion? I'm working on that song and any help will be accepted to make it sound better. Thanks in advance.

2. HamOnTheCob

HamOnTheCob Jacob Moore Supporting Member

Nov 21, 2004
    Cambridge, Ohio, USA
    Endorsing Artist for Warwick Basses, Mesa Engineering, Joyo Technology, Dr. J Pedals, and Levy's Leathers
    Do you have the expression pedal to go with your 506II? If not, you'll have an awful hard time. The key to the tone of that recording is the fuzz wah. Without the wah, the sound will never be the same.

Jake

3. Tedintheshed

Tedintheshed Banned

Oct 8, 2004
    Columbus, Ohio
    The key to that sound is the Morley PWB (Power Wah Boost), which is what Cliff used on the solo. It was made when Morley was owned by Tel-Ray Electronics (about 1971-1983).

Ted

4. rockstarbassist

rockstarbassist Banned

Apr 30, 2002
    The Woodlands, TX
    Endorsing Artist: HCAF

+10. I've got that unit, the 9V plugged-in version, and when I kick on my Ibanez PD7, it's right there. You can pick them up pretty cheap. I just rediscovered mine, and added to my Boss DD3, it's a freakin' amazing solo machine.