Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Anger, Frustration, and a need for Vengance

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by Eric Cameron, Apr 8, 2003.

1. No, it's not you guys, and it has nothing to do with the war.

My house just got broken into.:mad:

Around 6:30 this evening. A "former" friend (I say former, cause she ain't a friend now) of my sister's hucked a big rock through her window, and took a couple thousand dollars in cash out of my parents room. Fortunatley, no one was home, and nothing else was taken. No CDs, no DVDs, no gear (whew!!:eek: ) and nothing of an intrinsic value. Also, nothing was damaged or defiled, except for Laura's window.

Now, we can't actually say that Kelly (former friend) did it. But she has been to JDH for stealing before, she knew no one was home, and she knew where the money was. The police did get a good set of prints off of my sisters room and out of my parents room, so at least an arrest is in the bag, possibly a conviction.

Yeah, I'm mad, and if I find her before the police, well, they can have what's left of her. She has basically riuned the fiscal year for my parents. We live on a semi-shoestring budget, and the money she took had been set aside for car and health insurance payments. Ends up being about $2200 that she walked away with.

::Comic Book Guy voice on::

There is no emoticon for what I am feeling!!

::Comic Book Guy voice off::

I'm not scared or upset, or anything like that. Kelly doesn't intimidate me, and she has known the family for a very long time, kinda why we got complacent. I'm going to be wandering the neighborhood tomorrow (it's my day off) and I hope that I find her. I hope even more that I can control myself enough to not attack her, and simply instead call the police.

RRRRRRRRRRRRRRR!!!!:mad:

Rock on
    Eric:bassist:

2. That really sucks, dude, but why do you guys have so much cash in your house? My folks have some lying around, but it's all in a locked strongbox; loose, I doubt there's ever more than $100 in my folks' house.

3. Partly cause my folks won't get with the times. Dad still likes to have cold hard cash in his hand when he pays for stuff. Also, it was money that we had been acumulating for several months to pay the insurance bills. If we did everything through the bank, we would need about 10 different accounts to keep everything straight. Basically, mom and dad keep most of the money as cash, with the Savings account as a backup. Maybe now this will get it through their heads that they need to do something different.

Partly the reason I always carry ALL my cash on me. I know where it is, and it's gonna be pretty hard to take it from me.

Rock on

4. Mike Money

Mike Money Banned

Mar 18, 2003
    Bakersfield California
    Avatar Speakers Endorsing Hooligan
    Dude, do not go looking for her.

But since you will anyways, bring a cell phone so you can call the cops.

Don't do anything too stupid ;)

5. By-Tor

By-Tor

Apr 13, 2000
    Sacramento, CA

I agree, you can't play bass in jail.

6. jcadmus

jcadmus

Apr 2, 2000
    Tough stuff, EC. Getting ripped off really makes you feel violated.

I actually hope you DON'T find her -- might not be good for either of you.

Sorry to hear about your misfortune, and I hope it gets resolved quickly.

7. sorry that happened to you. that really sucks.
    however, until you definitely know it was her you can not go looking for this person and lose it. just because she has been to jdh for that does not mean she did it. i hope she did not.
    and if she did-let the law handle it. :mad:
    i have been robbed before, and it sucks big time.

8. yeah instead of looking for her on your day off, get your bass and lay out the hardest licks you have ever played before, and advance your bass playing, what im saying is be productive with your anger, and take it out through music, just like many of us here, its so much better than beating the crap out of someone and going to jail.........

9. Well, after sleeping it off, most of the anger has gone away. I'm still pissed, but not enough to do grevious bodily harm. If I do see her, though, I'm going to tail her till she stops for a while, then bring down the cops.

Rock on

10. jasonbraatz

jasonbraatz

Oct 18, 2000
    Oakland, CA
    dude what kind of ninja are you?

turn invisible, sneak up on her, and totally uppercut her. perhaps even flip out and throw some throwing stars.

11. I know it sucks man, Ive had my back stabbed by my "friends" Numerous times. First one of my friends, who spent the night before stole some Gameboy games from me. I noticed they were gone and I knew he stole them, but I wasnt really sure what to do about it, I was only 12. But eventually I asked him and he got mad and said "FINE YOU CAN HAVE MY GAMES IF YOUR GOING TO WHINE ABOUT IT!"

Then later another "friend" of mine and his friend both came to my house and behind my back stole two bottles of wine from my parents and a bunch of Playstation games from me and my brother. I didn't know they stole anything till later when they called me and said "We stole two bottles of wine from your house but we decided it was a bad Idea and we want to give them back". So Me and my family called the cops, we got our stuff back and they got fat tickets and a hefty fine.

With friends like mine who needs enemies?

12. Jon Burnet

Jon Burnet

Jan 21, 2001
    Memphis, TN
    pft.... if you were ANY kind of ninja you would wail on your guitar until she pooped herself then uppercut her head and then party with her headless body...

kids these days:rolleyes: ;)

13. fishy

fishy Guest

Dec 13, 2002
    courtice, Ontario
    well... my house got broken into last year and i had over 2 grand of my paintball stuff stolen and my parents had US cash that they were saving for a vacation, and also they had some computer stuff taken and some other stuff... the insurance money i got (over 2 grand) i used to buy a new bass amp and guitar, and some other things

14. My house got broken into a few years go. i was at the cottage with all my guitar gear with me (it was before i started on bass). whoever broke in went into the living room and took the component cd player from the stereo, leaving the power cord. they went into my dad's room and took the cordless phone and base. the battery cover was held on with scotch tape (its days were numbered anyway) and they left the adapter, which was probably worth more than the phone.....then they went into my room, and saw 3 stacks of about 40 cds each. they threw them all into a bag without looking closer and left. all but about 10 of them were empty cases. the cds were with me in my book of cds. that's all they got. a decent cd player without a cord or remote, a cordless phone that was falling apart, 100 empty cd cases, and about 10 cds that i had taken out of my case because i didn't listen to them anymore........i would have loved to see the look on their faces when they found all the empty cases.

15. Matt Till

Matt Till

Jun 1, 2002
    Edinboro, PA
    lame ass... normally I'd recommend seeking vengance, but jail ain't no fireworks candy and puppy dog store.

16. a winning combination. mmm...puppy dogs.

17. Ty McNeely

Ty McNeely

Mar 27, 2000
    TX
    Well, they won't need 10 different accounts, just the know-how to balance a checkbook. If all else, they could put it all in the checking account and get money orders or cold hard cash from the bank. I can't imagine having my money just lying around or carrying it around like that. A lost wallet can cause bankruptcy! :(

18. I know how much it sucks to be broken into. we've been done twice. the last time all they took was my one and only bass... :mad: thankgod for insurance :p

You'll get your revenge in someway or other.

Merls

hey you know explosives right....... NO i shouldnt suggest...

19. Maybe, but my parents hate using the check book and hate even more to use the ATM card.

I think I know where she is, however, and have called the cops. We should hear back from them tonight if anything happened.

Rock on

20. Johnalex

Johnalex

Jul 20, 2001
    South Carolina
    sounds like someone should buy a handgun :D jk. Do you have a security system??