1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Anger Management (or lack thereof)

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by CrispyDelicious, Apr 23, 2009.

1. Who else deals with this, and how do you deal with it? Suggestions are more than welcome.

2. NJL

NJL

Apr 12, 2002
    San Antonio
    Exercise.

3. santucci218

santucci218

Jan 26, 2007
    Pittsburgh
    I used to be really angry, then I realized I don't give a ****. Getting angry, honestly, just doesn't help.

4. You mean "punch stuff" Mr. Boxing coach? :D

5. santucci218

santucci218

Jan 26, 2007
    Pittsburgh
    NJL's right. Do martial arts or something.

6. Relic

Relic Cow are you?

Sep 12, 2006
    Robbinsville, NJ
    exercise, sex, beer, music. Not necessarily in that order

7. I used to be just like this. Past couple years though, someone looks at me funny and I tear into them. :scowl: It's getting ridiculous.

8. NJL

NJL

Apr 12, 2002
    San Antonio
    Yes and no... Boxing is not all about punching stuff.. you should see some of the drills we do, you'll be so tired, you'll be either laughing or crying from the rush.

9. santucci218

santucci218

Jan 26, 2007
    Pittsburgh
    Be more down to earth, ya know? Realize you are Canadian.

Some people are stupid and happy, and that should be fine with you. It's frusterating. I have friends that really think our president is the devil or that everyone is out to get them, and they are so stupid that I do get mad. But I realized that they have every right to be a crazy idiot and I will leave them alone. I don't care about their opinion that makes me angry because they just dont think enough into it.

10. sarcastro83

sarcastro83

Jul 27, 2007
    Toronto, ON
    I bottle it up. I'm pretty sure there is a MASSIVE tumor waiting to announce itself. I'm going to be playing hockey this winter in order to aleviate some of the stress induced rage I experience on an hourly basis...

11. See, that's sensible, and sometimes I can catch myself on that kind of stuff - different opinions and whatnot. But I mean, it's the random, stupid things: I kid you not, I was in class, and a chick had insane cleavage popping out. A healthy CrispyDelicious would have been all for that, but all I could think was "What an idiot! That's so inappropriate!" to the point where my friend actually asked me "Why were you FROWNING at her rack?"

:help:

But I mean, it's like, I make a typo at work, and I curse a blue streak. Someone bumps into me on the subway and I want to execute a nuclear suplex.

12. sarcastro83

sarcastro83

Jul 27, 2007
    Toronto, ON
    Stuff like this usually makes me feel better...

13. MakiSupaStar

MakiSupaStar The Lowdown Diggler

Apr 12, 2006
    Huntington Beach, CA
    Cut back on the caffeine.

14. I NEED IT. I cannot manage a 9-5 without it. Being groggy makes me even more liable to be an angry douchenozzle. Though maybe I could strike a balance...

15. MakiSupaStar

MakiSupaStar The Lowdown Diggler

Apr 12, 2006
    Huntington Beach, CA
    I didn't say cut it out. I'm an addict too. Just cut it back. I used to be like this. I found I was really short fused. Smallest little thing would set me off. I reduced my caffeine to a coffee in the morning and a soda at lunch with an occasional soda in the afternoon and I was much happier. Don't be pounding the caffeine all day. It tends to make you really irritable and short.

16. buzzbass

buzzbass Shoo Shoo Retarded Flu !

Apr 23, 2003
    NJ
    wake & bake works for me :D

17. No way, I quit all that stuff a few years back. To each their own, however.

You may be on to something. I usually drink 3-5 coffees a day. Though on the weekends, I don't drink any, and I still get wound up pretty quick. :meh:

18. PSPookie

PSPookie

Aug 13, 2006
    Ocoee, TN
    Cut back on caffeine, alcohol, nicotine and other.

Get some exercise.

Let go. Realize that most of the things that are pissing you off have nothing to do with you and that there is little you can do about them anyway.

Getting laid also helps.

Good Luck

19. Funny thing is I'm getting tired of my booty calls! Same old crap.

20. Jazz Ad

Jazz Ad Mi la ré sol Supporting Member

Breathing. It's all about breathing. Yoga helps tremendously.