Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Anger Management

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by Nickthebassist, May 12, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. has anyone got any ideas on me keeping my cool? I just lost my temper and hurled a 60 quid mobile phone at the wall in a fit of frustration at being dropped from Y-Rock and various other issues. How can I kurb this rage?

2. canopener

canopener

Sep 15, 2003
    Isle of Lucy
    Try a glass of warm milk.

3. Time Divider

Time Divider Guest

Apr 7, 2005
    The rage will continue to boil throughout your life. People who don't feel it also don't have much passion about anything. Let it boil, just stop it from boiling OVER.

Make every effort to channel the rage into action. Ask yourself, "What is causing this and what could I have done to prevent it?" Then channel the rage into changing yourself so that you aren't the true source of what caused the conflict in the first place. If you had no control over what made you mad in the first place, let it go. That's often the hardest thing to do - to let go of the emotions surrounding things over which you have no control.

Does that make sense?

4. Bassic83

Bassic83

Jul 26, 2004
    Texas, USSA
    Next time, hurl your favourite bass at the driveway. That should cure it... :ninja:

5. Josh Ryan

Josh Ryan - that dog won't hunt, Monsignor. Staff Member Supporting Member

Mar 24, 2001
    Wrap it into a small painful ball in your stomach. Wrap that ball into another smaller, more painful ball in your stomach. Ignore forever, blame the pain on an ulcer or maybe acid reflux.

6. DigMe

DigMe

Aug 10, 2002
    Waco, TX
    Just take it out on your birds.

brad cook

7. Think about the course of actions that eventually led to the emotion. The entire course of action. To be blunt: we often are one of the causes of the strife in our life. We tend to blame it on everyone but ourselves. Reckless actions and unrealistic expectations lead to problems for an individual.

My point? you should not be asking how to avoid lashing out after something has happened. You should be asking how to avoid putting yourself in the position of being pissed.

Mike

8. Basschair

Basschair .............. Staff Member Supporting Member

Feb 5, 2004
    Stockton, Ca
    Just close your eyes, take a deep breath, and realize that regardless of whatever happens, Michael Jackson still has more money than you ever will.

9. Hmmm. I must be passionless. I'll go inform my two children that they are the product of a mechanical shell of an actaul marriage because I don't feel the need to destroy inanimate objects.

Sarcasm aside (just for a moment), I think you've confused unfocused anger and frustration with drive/determination, and boundless enthusiasm.

(sarcasm on) I don't need to want to hit my dog to love him.

Mike

10. eric234

eric234 Guest

Mar 11, 2005
    philadelphia
    lol get a punching bag (cheesewhiz) and a new phone

11. ONYX

ONYX

Apr 14, 2000
    Michigan
    [ Emperor Palpatine Voice: ON ]

"Good. I can feel your anger. It makes you stronger. Now--strike me down and take your Fathers place at my side!!!"

[ Emperor Palpatine Voice: OFF ]

Just kidding. ;) Seriously, if it's become a serious issue, check out an Anger Management course. Some people I work with were forced into attending one and the results were noticable. No point in getting high blood pressure or an ulcer over events that you have no control over.

12. cheezewiz

cheezewiz

Mar 27, 2002
    Ohio
    Beat up a townie chav.

13. Time Divider

Time Divider Guest

Apr 7, 2005
    Nothing like taking a very grey area and making it black and white. Read a little between the lines and you'll see the implication is that most artists are passionate, and not just in the mushy, gushy, lovie, dovie sense. There are many things that make artists angry as well. People who don't seem to get angry about anything tend to be non-artists. It's just a fact. Jesus got thoroughly pi$$ed at the money changers.

Now don't go telling your kids anything about that shell of a marriage. It wouldn't serve any purpose. And take it easy on your dog.

14. Yeah seriously, take it out in some chavs. Cheezewiz is right on the money once again.

15. Stinsok

Stinsok Supporting Member

Dec 16, 2002
    Central Alabama
    Are you personally paying for the objects thrown in a rage?

16. burk48237

burk48237 Supporting Member

Nov 22, 2004
    Oak Park, MI
    Nick, CHILL,RELAX. Think, use your brain before you engage your mouth.
    I use to love reading your post because most 16 year old bass players are wise a@$%@ who think they no everything (also quit generalizing). I certantly was, and I matured into a 47 year old bass player who thinks he knows everything! ;) But theres one thing I've noticed about your post lately, you take EVERYTHING PERSONALLY, if someone disagrees with you about a burger, it dosen't mean they hate you! As you grow up you'll realize it's not all about you, in fact most of it isn't. There are many times I'll be haveing a knockdown drag out with somebody on Talkbass and two threads down I'm quoting them on a different thread, saying as how I coud not have said it better. In fact the only person I agree with all the time is Cheesewiz and thats just because I don't want to get pulled over in Ohio! :D

17. James Hart

James Hart

Feb 1, 2002
    toms_river.nj.us
    Endorsing Artist: see profile
    Birdkeeping has calmed people for Centuries....

18. Time Divider

Time Divider Guest

Apr 7, 2005
    Great. Now you've done it. Gone and gave away the secret to the next generation.

I always like to tell people that when I was 18 and moved away from home, my old man was full of $#!+. But by the time I was 21 and was married, it was amazing what he had learned in 3 years!

19. How about a quick pull? "A friend" said that usually helps. :p

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.