Angled end pin on a flat back bass?

Discussion in 'Ask Lynn Seaton' started by danengland, Aug 14, 2021.

1. danengland

danengland

Jun 18, 2007
    Newcastle
    Hi Lynn

I wanted to ask if you have ever used an angled end pin on a flat back bass before?
    On flat back basses, it seems to me that the area of the bass that is in contact with the player’s torso might be slightly different.

Do you think a flat back bass would potentially make playing with a Rabbath endpin more difficult?

Thanks
    Dan

2. Lynn Seaton

Lynn Seaton Gold Supporting Member

Nov 3, 2006
    Denton, TX
    Dan,
    I have not used an angled endpin on a flat back, but I think it can be used with any style. With the stance, most of the contact area is at the intersection of the back and upper bout side ribs. I do not understand how the flat back would make any difference. I hope some other readers will share their experience with a flat back.

Chris Fitzgerald likes this.
  3. erniepro

erniepro Supporting Member

Jan 17, 2007
    Honolulu HI
    I use the angled pin with both round and flat back bass. No difference even though the flat back is a bit bigger all around.

Lynn Seaton likes this.
  4. danengland

danengland

Jun 18, 2007
    Newcastle
    Thanks!

Lynn Seaton likes this.
  5. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Oct 17, 2021