Angled pickup on my SDGR?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Tom Crofts, Jul 6, 2001.

1. Tom Crofts

Tom Crofts

Mar 15, 2001
    My soundgear 5 string has it's bridge pickup at an angle slightly lower towards the bridge. Is it supposed to be like this? I've tried undoing the screws and repositioning it but I think there is something under it that is stopping it from siiting straight. Is it supposed to be like this? Also the bridge pickup when soloed is much quieter than the neck pickup and I don't think it's just because it's more trebly. Any help would be appreciated.
  2. BoogieNight

Jun 15, 2001
    i have a soundgear 4

First of all, on any bass the bridge pup must be CLOSER to the strings because of the minor amplitude of the string movement at this position.
    And if you undo the screws totally you´ll see that under the pup there´s somthing like a foam. Maybe you can repositionate it to correct the pup´s angle. I´ve put a piece of cotton under my pickup (I dont know if it´s advisable, but it worked for me). You´ll have to loosen the strings to do that.
  3. CamMcIntyre

Jun 6, 2000
    When in doubt ask here like you have or take it to a tech. thats all
  4. Blackbird

Blackbird Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Mar 18, 2000
    It's not a problem. It was designed that way. It's the same principle as the fanned necks on Dingwall basses, although I can't explain exactly why. There's some advantage to having the pickup that way.