1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Angry Eyes - Loggins and Messina

Discussion in 'Tablature and Notation [BG]' started by basspraiser, Jul 30, 2012.

1. basspraiser

basspraiser Jammin for the Lamb! Supporting Member

Dec 8, 2006
    Chicago - NW Burbs
    We may be doing "angry eyes" for a gig in a month or so...has anyone tabbed out the solo?

I know it is some form of walk down and back up from D to D and I think it is just the D-C-A-G-E-D notes but ....

I think I am close but would to see how others play it.... I am missing something...

thanks much!

peace:

Doug

2. PlayTheBass

PlayTheBass aka Mac Daddy Supporting Member

Dec 7, 2004
    Carmichael, CA
    Hey Doug, which solo do you mean? There are different versions of this song, so maybe a link and a time index would be helpful. I've got the short radio version, 2:28 long, but there's a 7-1/2 minute one on youtube that has a lot more parts. Let me know which one you're looking for.

Mac

3. basspraiser

Dec 8, 2006
    Chicago - NW Burbs
    Mac

Thanks!

I am wanting the 7 1/2 minute version from youtube.......got some ideas from a pm but would love to see your interpretation

Much appreciated!

4. PlayTheBass

Dec 7, 2004
    Carmichael, CA
    That's cool! I wish I had time to do the whole thing, but I'd be happy to have a go at part of it. At what time in the song are you mainly looking for?

5. basspraiser

Dec 8, 2006
    Chicago - NW Burbs
    Much obliged.....if you are looking at the live version, the part I m wanting help on is from 1:32 to 1:50.

No rush

Peace

6. PlayTheBass

Dec 7, 2004
    Carmichael, CA
    Here it is, my friend...

Peace,
    Mac

Attached Files:

JLY and 9mmMike like this.
  7. basspraiser

Dec 8, 2006
    Chicago - NW Burbs
    Mac - MUCHO MUCHO appreciated!

thank you....thank you....thank you....

I will try it out tonight.

Iam plying on a 5er so I will be playing it a little different but...I can figure it out...maybe it is "easier" on a detuned 4 string...hmmmm...

8. PlayTheBass

Dec 7, 2004
    Carmichael, CA
    My pleasure! :)

The guy playing it on the live recording is playing it on a detuned 4-string, so the tone will be different on the fiver of course. Here it is with two different fingerings for 5-string... the first sounds better to my ear, but requires a quick position shift. The second one stays in one position, but I think the tone of the open D stands out too much (doesn't blend with the other notes). YMMV -- enjoy!

Attached Files:

9. 9mmMike

9mmMike Would you happen to have a cookie for me? Supporting Member

This place just rocks!

basspraiser, PlayTheBass and JLY like this.