Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Animal activists make my head hurt...

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by Tsal, Dec 14, 2002.

1. Tsal

Tsal

Jan 28, 2000
    Finland, EU
    Groan,

Once again my good mood is ruined. Well, my own fault really, I happened to stumble across some animal rights page and did the final mistake in looking at their bulletin board.

There has been a lot of conversation against fur yards, so what do these morons do? They go to yards by night and release thousands of foxes into nature - and this happens once or twice per month here. Not that I would like using furs as clothing very much, but that kind of activism is just so stupid. Those thousand foxes are enough to destroy half the ecosystem in areas of tens of miles across, before dying in starvation because they can't hunt that well.

Well, you americans have PETA and whatnot similar stupidity-organizations. I think I go get myself some aspirin now that I have vented most of this out. Thanks for listening.

2. FretNoMore

FretNoMore * Cooking with GAS *

Jan 25, 2002
    The frozen north
    I agree, there have many been similar "actions" by animal activists and vegans here - the most stupid was "animal lovers" who released hundreds of egg producing chickens into the wild, where they in their newly won freedom suffered massively until they starved or froze to death. Clever thinking.

3. SuperDuck

SuperDuck

Sep 26, 2000
    Wisconsin
    :):) If it is known that an animal is going to die due to being hit by a car or a terminal illness, PETA would rather let it suffer than have it be put down. :):)

4. Erlendur Már

Erlendur Már

May 24, 2000
    Animal activists are stupid.

5. PollyBass

PollyBass ******

Jun 25, 2001
    Shreveport, LA

6. Punk_311

Punk_311 Guest

Aug 4, 2001
    Electric Ladyland

7. jazzbo

jazzbo

Aug 25, 2000
    San Francisco, CA
    Not all. Don't buy what the media sells you.

8. FretNoMore

FretNoMore * Cooking with GAS *

Jan 25, 2002
    The frozen north
    I agree, some of them have a very valid point in trying to stop cruelty to animals. But they must cringe when idiots do these "actions" and "free" animals in their name.

9. lneal

lneal

Apr 12, 2002
    Lee County, Alabama
    .........tick tock tick tock...........

10. jazzbo

jazzbo

Aug 25, 2000
    San Francisco, CA
    Yeah. Gives the others a bad name.

11. PollyBass

PollyBass ******

Jun 25, 2001
    Shreveport, LA
    As i type this, i have in my mouth, a yummy,,,, yummy,,,,, steak..... mm mm good.

12. PollyBass

PollyBass ******

Jun 25, 2001
    Shreveport, LA
    The previous post was to annoy, and inrage. Thank you for your time.

13. jazzbo

jazzbo

Aug 25, 2000
    San Francisco, CA
    It's enrage, and don't worry about it. Your post was actually helpful to me.

14. Erlendur Már

Erlendur Már

May 24, 2000
    I admit it, I didn't think much before I posted earlier.. But it does seem like they are all stupid.

15. odie

odie Supporting Member

Just a heads up some of these close minded comments are offensive to others.

Activists of all kinds have done good and great things, while others have done some dumb and stupid things.

We can be a critic and cast a light on any group to make them look bad.

So watch the generalizations. Dont inflame, you just hurt the site and the forum.

16. PollyBass

PollyBass ******

Jun 25, 2001
    Shreveport, LA
    Crap. the only post to screw up on, i screw up on this. but hey, we all know that people on talkbass judge the importance (emportance???? CRAP! I'M ALL MIXED UP ) of your posts by their (There? DAMN!!!) spelling.

17. odie

odie Supporting Member

Thats ok!! Most close minded people tend to misspell, be inbred and live some where in the middle of nowhere, say the Ozarks. Have bad oral hygiene, and have a fetish for their own cousins.

But again this is just a generalization. ;) :oops:

18. odie

odie Supporting Member

Dont worry it's all good. :)

19. All the misspellings come from having 7 fingers, and because their keyboards are made out of twigs and fur ;)

20. odie

odie Supporting Member

Wonder how that would sound?