1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Animals that fascinate you

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by page, May 11, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. The Whale has always been an interesting animal to me. Mainly Blue Whales , Beluga Whales , and Sperm Whales. Such majestic , titanic creatures. Blue Whales in particular get up to 100 feet.............Gosh , I can't even imagine a creature that big! If there was such a thing as reincarnation , I'd like to come back as a whale or a maybe a tiger too.

Tigers always struck me as awesome too. If the Lion is the king of the jungle then the tiger is it's Hitman.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. [​IMG]

3. Trevorus

Trevorus

Oct 18, 2002
    Urbana, IL
    Slide...

4. kserg

kserg

Feb 20, 2004
    London, UK
    wildEagle.

5. Kibuddy

Kibuddy

Apr 30, 2005
    Oddly enough, the whale's ancient ancestors lived on land.

I, too, am fascinated by whales. Having never seen one in person, I find it difficult to comprehend just how large they are. Just the fact that these mammoths are living in the depths of our oceans is enough to blow my mind, though.

I've also always loved birds. I've sat for hours at a time watching them soar above the clouds. There's just this magical quality about them.

For anyone else who loves birds, this link has been circling around my community. Double click "Live Video 2" (the first one doesn't always work).

http://www.briloon.org/ed/eagle/index.htm

6. Trevorus

Trevorus

Oct 18, 2002
    Urbana, IL

That's funny stuff.

7. Minger

Minger

Mar 15, 2004
    Rochester, NY
    Penguins, Kangaroos.

8. terrelli721

terrelli721

Mar 19, 2006
    Indianapolis
    Nice pics Page. Being a fan of whales myself, as well as cryptozoology. I would have to include the giant squid. I was waching a special on the elusive creatures, and was surprised to find that the whales, sperm in particular are a natural enemy of the squid which as you know stay at very deep depths in the ocean. Once can only imagine the struggles between these two creatures since no video exists of them together. I have heard stories of how a whale will wash up dead with suckers all over it's body, and others with half eaten squid carcasses in there's.

9. Yeah, That's gotta be an epic fight. The ocean is full of interesting animals,who knows what's really at the bottom?

10. NJL

NJL

Apr 12, 2002
    San Antonio
    My Rottie. He snores like two people.

11. Kibuddy

Kibuddy

Apr 30, 2005
    http://unmuseum.mus.pa.us/squid.htm

Crazy stuff. I hope some day we'll be able to see this ourselves.

12. terrelli721

terrelli721

Mar 19, 2006
    Indianapolis
    Right you are Kibuddy, and you know what the crazy thing would be is that as big as they are, the silence of the ocean bottom without hearing a thing. That would be crazy!!!!

13. terrelli721

terrelli721

Mar 19, 2006
    Indianapolis
  14. i've always been interested in Owls...they are really cool animals...also dragonflies, but i don't know if they counts as s, as they are insects

15. westland

westland

Oct 8, 2004
    Hong Kong
    Pangolins ... I've always had a thing for pangolins ... since I was in my teens

[​IMG]

16. Phil Mastro

Phil Mastro

Nov 18, 2004
    Montréal
    Whoa, I didn't know what the name of those things was.

I'm also somewhat impressed by sloths. I mean, to be THAT slow and not be extinct is a rather impressive acheivement.

17. Seriously, this wins. :D

For anyone who doesn't know, it's called a Platypus.

f_closeup.

platypus.

Koalas too. They look like the Yoda of the jungle.

koala.

I also want to see a whale. It's hard to imagine an animal that is bigger than a boat.

18. that looks like a pokemon

19. I was thinking the same thing.

20. Koala Bears man....

Why do they have to live so far away from where I am:crying: .....

:D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.