Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

ANKORS AWEIGH My Friends!!

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by Microbass, Sep 11, 2003.

1. Aight you mugs! Own up, which of ye swabby punk-rocker fans picked up the NEW Bouncing Souls CD??

I just got it yesturday; it' settling right in place in my heart.. (aww!)

Its really different from the other albums, 'darker, louder', but some real mature lyrics and things!

check em out!!

:cool: :cool:

2. JMX

JMX Vorsprung durch Technik

Sep 4, 2000
    Cologne, Germany
    Angkor Wat?

:D

3. neptoon

neptoon

Jul 25, 2000
    summerville, sc
    i saw a post with a nautical title, so i just had to stop by and see what all the scuttlebutt was about...bouncing souls> haven't ehard their stuff...what's it like? i may have to visit kazaa when i get home from work :D

4. as their website states "punk/rock n roll".

no - they're not some nu-punk era band.

from the mids 80s the 'hopeless romantic' souls were rocking loud!

some is pretty typical pop structure, but they've got it down, man. the whoel band are talented. Bryan has his unsuspected fills, Greg's has a huge voice, 'The Pete' is a great (punk) guitarist, and could you keep up with the drums? ;)

Most of the songs are quite mature, but its the typical half-page amount of writing, and of course, it wouldnt be punk without the Monday Monring Ant Brigade!! :D

Some hits: monday morning ant brigade, manthem, k8 is great, lamar vannoy, say anything, fight to live, hopeless romantic! and anything listed under the new album Ankors Aweigh!!