1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Anniversary Gift for my husband Need Help!!! Please !

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by beast326, Nov 1, 2013.

1. beast326

beast326

May 7, 2009
    Phoenix, AZ
    Hello,
    I just purchased some new gear for my husband as a an Anniversary gift. Problem is, he has a show this Sunday night (Nov. 3rd) and I want to give it to him as a surprise. Unfortunately I do not know how to set it up for him with the cables and such. He currently has 2 pieces of equipment in a case. As I look at it, He has a Hartke LH1000 and a thing called a Versatune. That's it. I bought him a bigger case and 2 pieces he was wanting. I bought him a wireless system called a Line6 G90 and a Monster Power Pro 900 Power station. Don't know what that is. Can somebody Please help me with some instruction on how to set it all up? I just need what cable goes where and such. The guys at Guitar Center didn't have time to help me and said to go on line and figure it out. Do all you guys shop at guitar center? I wouldn't! They're rude and very stuck on themselves. So Can somebody Please Help as soon as possible ? I don't have a lot of time.

Thank you So Much
    Jan
    :help:

Attached Files:

• rig.
      rig.jpg
      File size:
      126.6 KB
      Views:
  2. Hope this helps some.

[​IMG]

3. JimmyM

JimmyM Supporting Member

Apr 11, 2005
    Apopka, FL
    Endorsing: Ampeg Amps, EMG Pickups
    Don't judge all GC's by that one. Some are very poorly managed, some are very well-managed. But just about all the employees there are grossly underpaid, including managers. No excuse for not doing the job, but I do tend to bear that in mind and cut them a little slack. Hard to blame the employees for being hamstrung by the owners who ran up a ton of debt in their name and get paid huge sums whether it fails or not.

4. You are the man:bassist:

5. Not yet

Not yet

Mar 26, 2012
    I think you may win the prize for best wife in the known universe

6. will33

will33

May 22, 2006
    austin,tx
    I csn't see B-strings pic...it probably helps to have a diagram.

The order of things is just like you have in your pic from top to bottom. The "Monster" thing is like a glofrified power strip to plug the other components into.

The signal goes from his bass to the wireless pack he wears on his belt. The recieving end of that is the Line 6 (second part from the top in your pic). The "out" from there goes to the "in" on the Versatune, which is a tuner, to tune his bass on the fly. The "out" from the versatune goes to the "in" on the Hartke, which is the main amplier. Then the "speaker outs" on the back of the Hartke get connected to his speakers (make sure to use speaker cable for that).

Maybe somebody here on a computer instead of a phone could put up a diagram for you. Don't worry,...if you don't get it just right, he'll know what to put where and love you anyway. You're an awesome wife. :bassist:

7. Dave W

Dave W

Mar 1, 2007
    White Plains
    For the Line 6 wireless...

Don't forget to grab some new AA batteries for the transmitter pack. It takes 2, and I'd recommend having an extra set just in case.

And don't forget to install the antennas on the back of the unit. It won't work all that well without them.

8. beans-on-toast

beans-on-toast Supporting Member

Aug 7, 2008
    Keep all the boxes, I'm sure that he'll enjoy playing with them as well. And don't forget to give him something to unwrap. :p

9. zxcvbs

zxcvbs

Mar 8, 2009
    you are great.

10. I know what I would "unwrap" if my wife did that for me :eek: :D.
    Awesome thing you are doing! He is very lucky indeed.

11. chadds

chadds

Mar 18, 2000
    He is a very lucky husband.
    However the best gift is to marry me. ;)
    Just sayin'. ;)

12. lowfreq33

lowfreq33

Jan 27, 2010
    Nashville
    Endorsing Artist: Genz Benz Amplification
    Could you possibly enlist the help of one of his bandmates?

13. I'm sure the OP will think of "something" for him to unwrap!!!

:D

Happy anniversary!! We're heading towards #45. :)

14. beast326

beast326

May 7, 2009
    Phoenix, AZ
    So does anything connects to any inputs? I see outputs and the only thing plugged into input is the front of the Hartke?

15. will33

will33

May 22, 2006
    austin,tx
    Nope. His bass will be connected to the wireless transmitter pack he wears on his belt. That sends his signal "over the air" to the line6 unit.

Wireless units like that are popular because then you're not tethered to the amp by a cord. Can move around, listen from out in the audience, not have so many cords tangled around your feet, etc.

16. Ah, didn't even realize that is a wireless unit.... +1

17. beast326

beast326

May 7, 2009
    Phoenix, AZ
    Ok....here is what I've done. Please tell me if I'm correct. I hooked up the stuff (per the diagram) to the Monster thing. Then from the Line6 out to the Versatune In? Am I right so far? Now I went from the Versatune out to the front of Hartke? Why not the back? He has all his cables in the back. The Versatune and Hartke are all connected in the back, Nothing hooked up in front just his bass guitar to the one marked passive. Doesn't anything get hooked back up to the Line6 thing? Is the output only getting used from the Line6?
    I can't ask his bandmates because they will tell him. They're like a bunch of old ladies with not being able to keep a secret. And they say women are bad. LOL

18. beans-on-toast

beans-on-toast Supporting Member

Aug 7, 2008
    As above, the output of the Line6 goes into input 1 of the Versatune, the output 1 of the Versatune goes into the input of the Hartke. You use two as short as possible instrument cables (they are shielded) to make these connections. Some cables might be included in the boxes.

19. See Will's post above.

You have to eventually get all that stuff into the INPUT of the actual amp, and the input is in the front of the amp (the big one on the bottom):p

Make sure you are using instrument/patch cable for all of this, and eventually speaker cable from the back of the main amp to the speaker(s)

20. Yes the bass plugs into the wireless transmitter that is worn by the bassist (usually a belt clip transmitter). The rack Line 6 is the receiver so that IS where the basses signal starts for the rack (hence the name wireless), no wires run from the bass to the rack.