Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

anniversary gift ideas?

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by 43% burnt, Jul 21, 2005.

1. 43% burnt

43% burnt an actor who wants to run the whole show

May 4, 2004
    Bridgeport, CT
    Today is me and my woman's 2 year anniversay...and in typical fashion I have not got her a present yet. I did remember though...I should get some credit for that. ;)

Anyway, I'm at a loss as to what to get her. I want to get her something other than the usual flowers and card deal. Any of you cassanovas out there have any suggestions?? :help:

2. cheezewiz

cheezewiz

Mar 27, 2002
    Ohio
    A Sadowsky.

3. 43% burnt

May 4, 2004
    Bridgeport, CT
    Thanks...the personalized laptop bag is pretty sweet, seeing as she just got a new one. Can they deliver in 2hrs? :D

I'm thinking something from victoria secret. Plus I can stop there on my way home from work.

4. 43% burnt

May 4, 2004
    Bridgeport, CT
    LOL, She would love that.

5. smperry

smperry Moderator Staff Member Gold Supporting Member

Nov 3, 2003
    Bay Area, CA
    Endorsing Artist: Martin Keith Guitars
    Victoria's Secret is great. Or, nice dinner, nice flowers, and either jewelry (necklace) or a spa gift certificate. Done.

Marshall

6. Petary791

Petary791

Feb 20, 2005
    Michigan, USA
    I'm not a parent or an adult for that matter, but I would get something like a massage or spa gift certificate, chocolate, and some sort of jewelry.

Good luck man.

7. If she's the special one, something close to your heart will go down a treat....

My missus badly hurt her ankle the day before our aniversary a few years ago, so for our aniversary I gave her my gold St Christorpher medalion I got when I was baptised at the age of 6months.

She's worn it 24hours, every day since, except for yesterday when she was playing netball- guess what! She hurt the same ankle again :p

Chocolate, a massage, candle lit dinner- what ever floats your boat... Or, compose/write a song and play it for her. As long as you dont forget I think she'll be pretty happy :)

8. Cookware. Chicks always dig that.

Yup. Nothin' says lovin' like keepin your broad in front of the oven.

9. Figjam

Figjam

Aug 5, 2003
    Boston, MA
    Victorias secret, its a win win.

10. AuG

AuG

May 22, 2005
    Fort Collins, CO
    Victoria's Secret. And while you're there, make sure you mention that it's you and your sweetie's Anniversary and you'll get lots of oohs and ahhs from all the hot chicks there.

11. sargebaker

sargebaker Commercial User

May 2, 2004
    Montreal QC CA
    owner/builder, ISLAND Instrument Mfg.
    money / cheque in a card.

12. I love it when she gets me tools. Bet she'd love a dustbuster!

Randy

13. Hows about a little stop at Romantic Adventures or a shop along those lines........... :D Another Win-Win

14. McHaven

McHaven

Mar 1, 2005
    I can see it now. A big rectangular box, several feet long. "Oh Honey, I can't believe my gift is this big!" She pulls out a Sadowsky jazz. Transluscent cherry finish with a maple neck and block inlays. Then the man speaks, "If you don't like it, I'll take it."

15. 43% burnt

May 4, 2004
    Bridgeport, CT
    I got her a tube amp :bassist:

and some sexy duds from victoria secret + dinner + flowers :D

...all in all I think it went over pretty well. Thanks guys.

16. 43% burnt

May 4, 2004
    Bridgeport, CT
    "Its our unborn baby's first bass...but I'll use it until his hands are big enough" ;)

17. fourstringdrums

fourstringdrums Decidedly Indecisive Supporting Member

Oct 20, 2002
    San Antonio
    Hey yesterday was my 2 year anniversary too, and I also waited until the last second :) But I wound up getting her a dozen roses. Not the most unique, but she appreciated it and I came home to a candle lit chicken parm and cheesecake dinner, plus dessert :p :)

18. jade

jade

Mar 8, 2002
    YYC
    ]

Money is for hookers, presents are for girlfriends. ;)

19. nonsqtr

nonsqtr The emperor has no clothes!

Aug 29, 2003
    Burbank CA USA
    :D

I'm not going to touch that one. :D:D:D