SOLD Anniversary, Limited Edition Bacchus DX-4 Japan Custom Shop

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by Quadzilla, Oct 22, 2021.

1. Quadzilla

Quadzilla Supporting Member

Price:
    Strings:
    United States
    Found a Spector that I'm likely going to grab and I have a plethora of Jazz basses. This one is extra special in a few ways...

This is a 2020, Limited Edition Bacchus DX-4. I literally went through all of the ones made (a small handful) and picked the one with the best top. You can see both spalting and flaming, etc. The top is a work of art. This one was hand picked by me.

When I received her, I took her right to Kevin Brubaker and he gave her his special fret treatment in which he crowns and polishes them to his standards and in addition, does what he refers to as his "fall-away treatment" in which the last (highest) few frets at the body, lightly "fall away" at thousands of an inch (stepping down) which allows the action to go even lower than a "normal" fret job. I have him do this with almost all of my high-end basses. Definitely makes a difference, even to basses that come with great fret work from the builder. Kevin's fret work just is a notch above 99% of everyone else's in my humble opinion. This obviously cost me some extra $$$ on top of the price of the bass, shipping and VAT. So I'm taking a significant loss here...

She's never left my house (besides going to Kevin's shop). Never gigged, never been to a rehearsal. Pretty much as new (well, technically better than new w the additional fret work).

Comes with the original Bacchus (very thickly padded) gig bag, tools, etc. I had to have this imported, which wax very expensive. I paid some crazy shipping and VAT (import tax). You won't have these crazy additional expenses as I've done this for you...

More pictures later (these are the ones I have on my phone at the moment)...

Here is your chance to have what I think is the nicest Bacchus ever built. Grab it before I change my mind (which I'm seriously considering). CONUS shipping only (PM me for a quote).

Specs (as given to me from the overseas dealer when I bought her):

2020 Limited Edition.
    Body Top : Spalted/Flammed Maple
    Body : Ash 2P
    Neck: Maple
    Fingerboard : Ebony
    Nut : Bone
    Bridge : GOTOH/404SJ-4
    Machineheads : GOTOH/GB11W
    Fret : SANKO/SBB214
    Pickup : JB-ALV II
    Control : 2Vo,1To (Push/Pull Series Parallel Switch)
    Scale : 34inch
    Width at Nut : 38.0mm
    Fingerboard Radius : 310R
    Finish : Top Lacquer
    String : Elixir NANOWEB (45-105)
    Weight : 4.31kg

20210601_205816.jpg 20210601_205808.jpg 20210601_201405.jpg 20210601_201452.jpg 20210601_200545.jpg

Last edited: Oct 22, 2021
  2. Quadzilla

More pics (from the dealer when I bought her):

apv5xxa8xxdvru1hj1y2.jpg blvvbzwov0xzdzmant9m.jpg btutntnnbclzgkiktx5n.jpg cmdhf1ja9k79tqpudmwc.jpg fnywbtkjzavptoippoxb.jpg iegaz0vqvdpurpvn7v71.jpg nqcs2kzzi6sjfzq6ahna.jpg ri01iyij3zgl6byosyai.jpg rump8s49cb837x8bz8mh.jpg

3. LightForce104

LightForce104 Supporting Member

Sep 13, 2012
    Hawaii/Washington
    Absolutely killer. GLWTS, somebody better pick this up.

4. Relayer71

Relayer71 Supporting Member

Jun 25, 2009
    NYC
    That is a gorgeous finish. GLWTS!

5. Quadzilla

Thank you both!

6. MonetBass

MonetBass ♪ Just listen ♫ Supporting Member

Sep 15, 2006
    Tulsa, OK
    Wow, amazing! GLWTS!

Quadzilla likes this.
  7. 6and5

6and5 Supporting Member

Oct 31, 2016
    San Diego
    I have a Woodline 417/R, and it’s my #1 player. Just excellent in all ways. GLWTS!

Quadzilla likes this.
  8. Quadzilla

Much appreciated!

9. brstma

brstma my dog is an awesome dog Supporting Member

Nov 20, 2008
    Florida
    I love the inlays!

Quadzilla likes this.
  10. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Nov 28, 2021