Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Announcing new addition to the Big Wheel colection...

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Blackbird, Apr 2, 2001.

1. Blackbird

Blackbird Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Mar 18, 2000
    California
  2. Nino Valenti

Nino Valenti Commercial User

Feb 2, 2001
    Staten Island NYC
    Builder: Valenti Basses
    Very cool looking!!! Let us know how you like it after it's played!!!!

3. Luis Fabara

Luis Fabara

Aug 13, 2000
    Ecuador (South America)
    Audio Pro - Ecuador
    Nice bass!
    I suggest you tell the former owner to spend some of that money repairing that sofa in the background!!!

4. alx564

alx564

Jul 31, 2000
    Emmaus, PA
    WOW!! 30 1/4 inch. I have never heard of something that small. It looks pretty cool though. Kind of looks like a guitar. Have fun with it. :)

5. That was a nice bass..but not too sure about the color....:) How much did you pay for it if you don't mind me asking.

6. Hey! That is kewl looking! I even like the eye-opening color! ;)

Can you tell me a bit more of what a tenor bass is ,just a higher tuned bass or?

7. Blackbird

Mar 18, 2000
    California
    originally posted by arvidgunardi

Hey, the thing with used custom basses is this: either you take it for what it is or you don't take it at all. For the $430 I paid, I don't mind. I've never had a yellow bass before.

originally posted by usul

a tenor bass is tuned adgc, just like the top 4 strings of a 6-string bass. This particular bass was designed to be tuned EADG, ADGC or high EADG (as in a piccolo bass)

Thanks for the kind words... I am STOKED!:D

...keep 'em coming.:)

Will C.:cool:

8. Man that's a deal!!....Good price! Actually the color's not so bad after all.....it makes you stand out on stage...:) I'm just teasin' man!:) How's the tone?

9. Funkster

Funkster

Apr 6, 2000
    Wormtown, MA
    Nice Bass! I never seen one of those before, It looks like you got a great deal on it also.
    Congrats!

10. Blackbird

Mar 18, 2000
    California
    I haven't received it yet. It's in transit to me as I write this.

... I didn't feel teased. Anyhoo, It will lend itself to my solo chordal stuff. Maybe I can even get Jazzbo to do a bass duet with me sometime...

Will C.:cool: