Annoyed.. Musician's Friend.

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by Progressive, Jan 7, 2006.

1. I am sorry to be so random, but I feel I have to vent my frustrations here, among a respectable bass community. :hyper:

First off, as some of you may know from me talking earlier, I ordered a rogue bass set on December 2. Since then, we've dealth with Musician's Friend, UPS, FedEx and some random company named Commerxia, based in Florida. We are in Nova Scotia. It seems to me, that they are terribly incompetant: they have lied on several occasions, when I called, and they did not update my order site; it still says "not processed yet". Despite this, each time I have contacted them (email and phone), they have persisted in telling me that it is shipping, but have no idea where it is or what its status is.. and now they cannot use the excuse that "it's the holiday season, so we are slowed down". I get the feeling that they don't appreciate customers from outside of America as much...

Is there anything I can do to get them to tell me the truth, or perhaps speed up my order? I mean, what boils me the most is that FedEx told me on December 9 that it had been moved to Florida (the opposite direction from me) and placed in Commerxia hands, who supposedly do International Shipping. My order then proceeded to site in Commerxia's warehouse for 20 days, doing nothing, and they then handed it BACK to FedEx for delivery to me! What a complete waste of time!! They did not bother to give me a new tracking number, making some silly freight excuse...

I feel as though the fates don't want me to become a musician. Help cheer me up, people! :scowl: :crying:
  2. AxtoOx

Nov 12, 2005
    Duncan, Okla.
    For havens sake don't get dicouraged about being a musician. I'm not real impressed w/ some of these large online music stores myself. As for not caring about anyone but Americans? We get screwed around to.
    I will mention I had a problem w/ 2 companies due to the holidays, one is fantastic and I would still recomend them, but we had a snag due to the holidays and the Namm show, but they made everything right.
    The other was not music related but even after the holidays, it took a full week for me to get a package from a city 1 1/2 hrs away. They must have walked it here.

Can you cancel and get it somewhere else?
  3. Even if they allowed me to cancel it, we'd have to pay the ridiculously huge freight, so I'm just going to wait until I get it.. and bother them the entire way downt he road. :)
  4. if it still hasnt gotten to you after this amount of time there is no reason to pay anything for it...cancel your credit card or see if your company will deny a charge or do a charge back if you have been billed already companies USUALLY will protect their need to be jerked around and still pay for the bs...thats my 2 cents...
  5. Yes, fleabee, I was thinking about cancelling for a while, even since the lying started.
  6. Ive been through the shipping bs ringer myself so i know the drill and have also had the pleasure of ebay/paypal fun as well{obviously cynicism}...You are in a bargaining position at this have no merchandise,no legitimate tracking,and its past a reasonable amount of time...cancel that thing and fast...if they play hardball call up your credit card company so they will pursue the transaction if youre billed
  7. Fleabee, I like your advice. Just so you know, the last time we called, they said "you can't cancel your order now that it's been shipped (December 13), but you can refuse to accept it when the FedEx delivery truck comes to your door." What's annoying about that is, no one's home during the day to receive a delivery, so we can hardly refuse it at the door.

They won't cancel it unless we refuse it at the door; at least that's what they said last time.
  8. have you been billed at all? Whats the status on your credit it an easy cancel or would you have to change alot of billing bs?
  9. They took the 300 dollars out of my account a mere 2 days after we placed the order.. seems like they're just crooks. I'm not too sure about billing (you see, it's not my credit card, per say, but I can access any information on it) circumstances? Do you mean will they let us cancel it and give us the money back? Because I think it absurd they should charge us freight, let alone anything, after this retarded episode.
  10. if its been over 30 days "the " credit card company will replenish the $300 to the account for good not received regardless of whether they were shipped already or not..the owner of the card will have to do the legwork to get the money back..but in a case like this i know its not a difficult task...things that are important need to organized any phone or email contacts with musicians friend..what dates calls were made..what was stated to you...what was the initial price agreement...what is their online billing/shipping policy on their webpage...dont wait long because you only have 60 days for a chargeback if im not mistaken
  11. Is this organization which refunds just an American thing.. or? We are very dubious of credit card companies, as they charge money for every single thing you do, no matter how small. We ordered on December 2; it's definitely been over 30 days.
  12. syciprider

syciprider Banned

May 27, 2005
    Inland Empire
    If I am following correctly, FedEx acknowledged that they have your package and gave it to the intl shipper Comerxia?

So your bass was shipped and the shipper is dragging @$$. Tell MF to go after their shipper under pain of you disputing the CC charges.
  13. Actually, syc, FedEx gave it to Comerxia on Dec. 9, and Comerxia gave it BACK on Dec. 29. So it's back to FedEx, but we can't call them 'cause Musician's Friend has no tracking number for the new movement.
  14. AxtoOx

Nov 12, 2005
    Duncan, Okla.
    Check w/ your credit card Co. and make sure your not making threats you can't back up. If you can get a chargeback, I'd start calling up,make sure everyone I talk to knows I'm writing their name down, and start going up the chain till I got some satisfaction, or called for a chargeback. You never know, I manager may just flip out if they find out what's going on. I know I would have, If this were to happen under my watch, I'd be after some tails.
  15. MAGUS®

Dec 23, 2004
    I havent checked this site dude, but have a read and see if theres anything in the law that can help you. Its about distance selling etc
  16. Thanks for helping everyone. It's nice to see (soon to be) fellow musicians helping. ^^
  17. syciprider

syciprider Banned

May 27, 2005
    Inland Empire
    Your claim is still against MF for failing to deliver product. When you speak with them again, make it clear that you could care less what the story is about the shippers (that is their problem). You just want your bass or your money back and that's the bottom line. If the guy/gal on the phone can't help you, ask for his/her boss.
  18. jondog

Mar 14, 2002
    NYC metro area
    If it was me, I would cancel immediately. Call the credit card and tell them you didn't receive goods and want a chargeback. They will do it, and if they do have a fee, it is worth $10 or whatever to be done with this. If you're not going to be home, leave a note on the door that says you're refusing shipment of a package from MF. If you're spending $300 on a starter pack I'm sure you can get something comparable to or better than a Rogue from a local retailer.
  19. cheezewiz

Mar 27, 2002
    Friends don't let friends order from Musicians Friend.