Annoying buzzing in my bass

Discussion in 'Hardware, Setup & Repair [BG]' started by crazyphil, Oct 1, 2003.

1. My bass has always buzzed but now that I have a new rig, it's really noticeable. It's an active MIA Fender J-Bass and the buzzing is LOUD. It quiets down quite a bit when I touch any metal part of the bass such as the bridge, strings, or tuners, but comes right back when I take my hands off. So far I've stripped more plastic off the ground wire under the bridge to make better contact and I soldered a new wire from the input jack to the main circuit board. Same thing. In it's current state, the bass is unusable and I'd really like some advice on how I can get rid of this buzzing. FYI: My passive MIA Fender P-Bass does not buzz at all.

Thanks in advance for any advice.

2. Thor

Thor Moderator Staff Member Gold Supporting Member

This needs to be in SETUP, try a search on SETUP for Hum or Buzzing. You can search that forum only, I have seen a few posts on this topic there thought I do not recall the fix.

Thor

3. NJL

NJL

Apr 12, 2002
    San Antonio
    don't mind Thor, he's just itching to get into a fight.

don't do a search either, it's just going to waste time. just wait for Thor to respond with an appropriate answer. he will. he always breaks down...

:D

4. Thor

Thor Moderator Staff Member Gold Supporting Member

:meh:

If you would like the situation defined for you,

click here ...

Hit end and check the post from 10/2 @11:39 AM

NJL your helpfulness knows no bounds!

5. NJL

NJL

Apr 12, 2002
    San Antonio