Annoying buzzing in my bass

Discussion in 'Hardware, Setup & Repair [BG]' started by crazyphil, Oct 1, 2003.

1. My bass has always buzzed but now that I have a new rig, it's really noticeable. It's an active MIA Fender J-Bass and the buzzing is LOUD. It quiets down quite a bit when I touch any metal part of the bass such as the bridge, strings, or tuners, but comes right back when I take my hands off. So far I've stripped more plastic off the ground wire under the bridge to make better contact and I soldered a new wire from the input jack to the main circuit board. Same thing. In it's current state, the bass is unusable and I'd really like some advice on how I can get rid of this buzzing. FYI: My passive MIA Fender P-Bass does not buzz at all.

Thanks in advance for any advice.
  2. Thor

Thor Moderator Staff Member Gold Supporting Member

This needs to be in SETUP, try a search on SETUP for Hum or Buzzing. You can search that forum only, I have seen a few posts on this topic there thought I do not recall the fix.

3. NJL

Apr 12, 2002
    San Antonio
    don't mind Thor, he's just itching to get into a fight.

don't do a search either, it's just going to waste time. just wait for Thor to respond with an appropriate answer. he will. he always breaks down...

4. Thor

Thor Moderator Staff Member Gold Supporting Member

If you would like the situation defined for you,

click here ...

Hit end and check the post from 10/2 @11:39 AM

NJL your helpfulness knows no bounds!
  5. NJL

Apr 12, 2002
    San Antonio