Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Annoying computer

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by metallicarules, Sep 2, 2002.

1. Does anybody have any stories of the very strange things that computers do sometimes? I bring this up now because tonight I was listening to some music when my computer decided to turn the volume all the way down every time a new song starts. I have to open up volume control and manually turn the volume back up for each new song and have spent the last hour trying to figure out how to keep it turned on...very annoying.

Oh yes, does anyone have any ideas how to fix my problem? :)

2. If it can't be fixed with a hammer, its not worth fixing.

3. As an IBM manual would say, "do not use a hammer to repair computer!" :confused:

4. Stephen S

Stephen S Member

Apr 10, 2002
    San Bernardino, CA
    Have you downloaded any small .exe files lately? Could be the work of "hacking" program such as net-devil. If you are infected with the bug file the over of the file can do whatever they want to your computer.

5. Stephen S

Stephen S Member

Apr 10, 2002
    San Bernardino, CA
    Oh yeah and if your CD rom drive starts opening and closing and your desktop flips upside down thats when you know you're screwed.

6. old_skool

old_skool

Aug 17, 2000
    Milwaukee, WI
    My moniter started sqealing at me months ago whenever I turn it on. I dunno why but only some people can seem to hear it.

7. iplaybass

iplaybass Guest

Feb 13, 2000
    Germantown, TN
    My computer spun up the cd drive and gave me a message that said "What do you mean the whirring is annoying?" I was weirded out, to say the least. Never happened again.

8. punkfunkfreak

punkfunkfreak

Dec 16, 2001
    it wasnt while you were on talkbass was it?

again, to everyone that was freaked, im sorry.
    :):):):):)