Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Another amazing ad.

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by Munjibunga, Aug 24, 2005.

1. Munjibunga

Munjibunga Total Hyper-Elite Member Gold Supporting Member

May 6, 2000
    San Diego (when not at Groom Lake)
    Independent Contractor to Bass San Diego
    Amazing Experienced Drummer Wanted for Amazing Experienced band! Must have dedication, want to play shows/parties and have some funk'n fun! Transporation, the image and the heart for music. Drugs? Whatever. Drink? Whatever. It's all good! We have a really good style and lots of connections, so let's play some funk'n shows in front of some big crowds! We're extremely dedicated and just need a drummer who has half the dedication we have to come along and take the ride with us! Hit me up! 858.555.1212 Michael! ya!

funk = something else.

2. Just as long as the drummer has HALF the dedication as the rest of them. ;)

Funny. Shall I call Michael? ;)

3. Munjibunga

May 6, 2000
    If you want, I will PM you his real phone number. I like the Drugs? whatever, Drink? whatever thing.

4. I think that would be really funny. ;)

5. Petary791

Petary791

Feb 20, 2005
    Michigan, USA
    I'm learning drums just so I can be in this band.

6. DaveDeVille

DaveDeVille ... you talkin' to me ?? Supporting Member

yeah , right ... amazing ...:rolleyes:

7. well, no answer from Mike yet Munj....ring ring ring ring....he must be out having a funk'n good time.

tomorrow then. Oh yes, tomorrow. I imagine he's west coast (didn't check the area code)...hopeta Gawd I don't get a ringie dingie at 3am. :scowl:

8. Gomez

Gomez Live from the Shire

Apr 15, 2005
    Is it yours?

9. cheezewiz

cheezewiz

Mar 27, 2002
    Ohio
    Bwaahhaaaa! We should set up a schedule and take turns calling every 5 minutes.

10. Joe Turski

Joe Turski

Jul 29, 2003
    Connecticut
    m
    In response....

Dear Michael,

You supply the drugs & drink, and I'll be too wasted to remember practise & shows. Am I in??

Signed,

Bill, no wait, Bob. Bah, you add whatever name you want me to have. I'll try to remeber.

11. To Joe.

You owe me one keyboard.

Love, Harry.

:D

12. I thought funk = the funk as in some George Clinton stuff...man

i was let down - funk is sweet

while i'm here, i don't mean to derail the thread but whats some good funk like parliament/funkadelic

13. Matt Till

Matt Till

Jun 1, 2002
    Edinboro, PA
    I don't get it? It's a funky rock band that is cool with a drummer who abuses himself... so what? Am I missing something? It seems better than most "we are totally hardcore" ads.

14. Munjibunga

May 6, 2000
    It wasn't funk'n in the ad, it was f**k'n. Do I have to spell it out for you? Well, I can't.

15. Just what every rhythm section needs....a drunk drummer. Yay.

16. kjones

kjones Supporting Member

Dec 4, 2004
    Maryland
    Yeah, they're so anal and precise about everything to start with, such as arrival times, rehearsal schedules, etc.

17. WalterBush

WalterBush

Feb 27, 2005
    Yuma, Az
    I think it's a plan by the former members of Guns n' Roses to put together a band specifically with the purpose of getting a drummer hooked on something, and then firing them again, because it was such fun the first time. Killing drummers, one gig at a time :D

18. Tsal

Tsal

Jan 28, 2000
    Finland, EU
    I'd answer.

:ninja:

19. Munji, you're without a regular gig at present. How come you aren't jumping on this AMAZIN opportunity? I've got a Mapex kit I'll trade you straight across for that DB 750 and even find a kid to get you some meth. You'll be all set.