Another Amp Question: What do these dials do?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Cambass, Jul 20, 2001.

  1. Cambass


    Jan 25, 2001
    I should have put this in my other thread about high/low inputs (sorry).

    Anyway, my question is in regards to a couple of dials on my amp. One is the 'Presence' dial and the other is the 'Shape' dial. What exactly do these do? Unfortunatly I didn't get any sort of manual with the amp and I can't tell much difference when playing around with them.

  2. CS


    Dec 11, 1999
    Hello again

    I understand Presence to be a higher frequency that Treble. I had this control on an old valve amp and kept it pretty high all the time.

    Shape is usually a preset either a ( or a ) if you look sideways so it boosts bass/treble or boosts mids

    Sorry that I answered both questions in laymans terms I am a bassplayer not an engineer.

    Any way both posts have been bumped to the top.

    See you around