1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Another aspiring bassist!

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by Guiseppe, Jan 5, 2007.

1. Guiseppe

Guiseppe

Oct 26, 2003
    Vancouver, WA
    What an awesome night...my 18 y/o just let me know that she's interested in learning how to play the bass, and we got her online looking at some Essex basses...she found one that she liked and is going to get (oddly enough, daddy liked it enough that I'm getting the exact same model). The coolest thing is that she and I have drifted apart since her mom and I divorced and it really feels like the route that will bridge some of the years and bring her and I back together. Not to mention, that she'll get the world's hippest bass teacher and the opportunity to jam on some 1st rate gear!

Didn't mean to ramble, but had to say SOMETHING to someone...this is seeming (to me) like the most amazing blessing I've had in 5 years...and coming from a self-professed agnostic, that is a lot...

2. CamMcIntyre

CamMcIntyre

Jun 6, 2000
    USA
    Congrats. Enjoy the time & having a special thing w/you and your daughter.

Instead of her asking to borrow your car or something....she asks to borrow your Schroeders & Ampeg SVTCL. ;)

3. Johnny Crab

Johnny Crab ACME,QSC,Fame/Hondo/Greco/HELIX user & BOSE Abuser Gold Supporting Member

Feb 11, 2004
    South Texas
    Congrats Dad!!

Rondo does carry some nice and nice-priced stuff and it's GREAT to have your own interested in the same thing you have probably come to enjoy a lot. Teach her with patience, care, and love. And both of you have fun...

4. thats awesome :)

my parents are still together, but theres not a thing int he world that can bring me close to my dad... that bridge got washed away 7 years ago....

hold on man, show love and support, be there damnit!!

</rant>

5. Jonny B

Jonny B

Nov 5, 2006
    WI
    That's awesome. Nothin gets much better than bonding with your kids. Congrats bro.

6. Baryonyx

Baryonyx Banned

Jul 11, 2005
    Marathon Man
    This is a wonderful oppertunity for you, make the most of it!

7. Guiseppe

Guiseppe

Oct 26, 2003
    Vancouver, WA
    ...went out to have a cold one at my favorite watering hole, they had some new band I'd never seen or heard. After thinking all night that I can't believe all that is happening, I sit down, take a pull off my beer, and they launch into "Spirit in the Sky"...definitely gave me goose bumps...