1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Another Avatar Cab Question

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by BassMan257, Apr 2, 2006.

1. After having a 410 poop out on me, I dont have time to mess with it... I need an cab by like next week (or a little later) for some extremely important shows...

Allright, I am set in what Size speakers Im buying...

Im getting one 12 and 2 tens...
    dont try to talk me out of it, thats it enough, end of story... but now the real question is:

Delta or NEO?

lets weigh the facts (pun fully intended)

112 NEO. 300wRMS 39 lbs - with shipping =$278 USD
    112 Delta 500wRMS 45lbs- with shipping =$268 USD

210 NEO- 600wRMS- (Total?) 44lbs- with shipping-$298 USD
    210 Delta 700wRMS- (Total?) 55lbs- with shipping-$258 USD

Delta setup: 100lbs= ALOT but, costs $526 shipped (and could sound better)
    Neo Setup-83lbs and $576 Shipped (may sound worse/not last as long)

50 dollar difference
    17 lbs diffrence...
    roughly 3 dollars per pound... <--- (not really important... im just having fun with the calculator)

so now the fun part... tell me what you think... thing is, ive got a head that runs 350w RMS at 8 ohlms... wich will out do the 112 Neo...

One or the other? Combination? tell me what you think!

2. greenboy

greenboy

Dec 18, 2000
    remote mountain cabin Montana
    greenboy designs: fEARful, bassic, dually, crazy88 etc
    The Delta 10 is not nearly as nice as the Avatar OEM Deltalite Neo. But the Delta 12LF smokes the Deltalite 12.

3. by deltalite do you mean the NEO?

if thats the case, you mean i should do the delta LF 12 and the neo 210s?

cause i was actually thinking that

4. Dunno about the 210 version, but my 410 NEO Avatar sounds really nice. I just added an Avatar 112 NEO which sits on top.

I think this 112 is in some "break-in" phase, as it sounds a little smoother with each passing day.

The 112 alone does'nt sound like much at all, at least at this point. It may improve with time, but right now it sounds a bit harsh in the upper mids, and somewhat constipated in the lows.

Two 410 NEO cabs could be a hot setup.

5. David Vega

David Vega

Aug 28, 2002
    Puerto Rico
    I have the 410pro...excellent I can not complain. I think that the Delta 212LF will be the best. 100 pounds or 87 pounds will break your back anyway:D

I rather have more wattage to spare.

The deltalite are the NEO's

6. some more background info:

ill be playing jazz, Experimental rock, and some other stuff...

what does everyone think of the 112 delta and the 210 deltalites?

edit:in a stack that is

7. sorry guys, im gonna need to bump this one...

8. DaveDeVille

DaveDeVille ... you talkin' to me ?? Supporting Member

check your PM's ...

9. The neo 10 version that Avatar uses is custom and superior for bass than the stock neo 10. This is not the case for the 12. Some old threads around here left me with the impression that the neo 12 (2512) is not a great speaker. However, I believe Eminence has the next generation of deltalites out, so maybe the new neo 12s are better.

So I would say standard 12, neo 10, unless the newest deltalite IIs are available at Avatar.

10. funknjazz

funknjazz Guest

Feb 25, 2006
    santa cruz,ca
    I just took delivery of a 112 Neo cab. I haven't gigged with it yet but it sounds great in my living room. Red tolex option looks very sexy and I plan on getting the 210 Neo to stack. Both cabs 8 ohm. I'm 51 and am really happy for lighter cabs. At the unbeatable price and sound quality, Avatar is an amazing deal right now. Dave is swamped with orders btw!

11. so does it have enough booty for the bottoms?

LOL... I love it when i type whatever comes off the top of my head...

yeah.. Im worried about the delta not having enough... so if the neo has enough to shake it, than the delta certanly will...

im only 17... and my back is killing me... lol.. no im just messing with you.. light cabs have allways been my dreams... when you roll up and you have to grab your amp and an upright, its kind of a giant hastle... i mean, im planning on just using the 12 or 2 10's for upright gigs, but even that is going to be nice...

btw, i play a four string, so im not asking "will it handle a low b with my amp on 11 and ect.ect.ect....)

cause the thing ive heard about a stack of two tens, is that they have no booty... (direct quote actually) so if the 12 adds a bit, or quite a bit more, it would be awesome...

12. LoveThatBass

LoveThatBass

Jun 28, 2004

This is correct. The Avatar Neo 10's have a larger XMAX of 5.9mm (meaning longer cone travel). These are special made for Avatar by Eminence. The 12's NEO is not nearly as good. For tens go with the Avatar Neo for 12's get the Delta LF.

13. That's fantastic news. Companies with great products and customer service deserve to be busy.
    C7