1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Another b210, or add a b212... Guidance request!

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by stflbn, Mar 10, 2008.

1. stflbn

stflbn

May 10, 2007
    Nashville
    I do NOT know why I cannot make up my mind on this purchase.

I have an Avatar b210 Neo 4 ohm. Loooove it. The sound of the Avatar through my Bmax-T motivated me to sell my Eden 210xlt.

Now I want to add another cabinet to go with my existing 4 ohm b210.

Rarely will I use the two cabs together in what I'm currently doing. The one will be fine 75% of the time. Having two identicals would allow me to have one at home and one at a practice location and be able to effectively tweak sounds knowing I will sound the same both places. Stack them for a larger room to move more air.

But... I'm having a hard time ignoring the b212 Neo. I'm being told it's the Same only deeper and fuller. Only slightly heavier, yet still lighter then my previous Eden 210xlt.

My current situation motivates me to 'go with another b210 like i already have and love the sound of', but the b212 would be more adaptive looking down the road if I ever did anything different then what I'm currently doing that needed more OOoooomph.

Guidance please...

2. stflbn

stflbn

May 10, 2007
    Nashville
    hmmmm.... no one with thoughts or input.

I'm leaning toward adding the b212 currently. Rarely do I play through a cabinet at home opting to usually play into a Firewire interface and headphones.

Avatar's assures me the b212 will be essentially 'the same but more' of the 210's essence, and obviously much greater when paired with the existing 210.

3. if youre rarely gonna use both, WHY would you get two of the same thing.. give yourself some options.. get the 212, and if you DO use both, you will have a much fuller sound..

212 no question

4. DougD

DougD Bassman7654

Sep 19, 2002
    North Las Vegas NV
    Thats a pretty good delema to have, as you realy cannot go wrong with either choice. Some people don't like the midrangey sound of 12s, so if you realy like your 10's you may want to just sick with them.

5. I'm having a very similar dilemma, only I currently have a Carvin BRX 210 and am looking into an Avatar b212 neo or a 115 (if I can find one I like from I don't know what company) to help my low end out. I'm leaning toward the Avatar 212 myself...

6. BlacksHole

BlacksHole

Mar 22, 2000
    Rockville, MD
    I think the 2x12 makes more sense.