Another band?! w00p! *clips*

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by DarkMazda, Oct 7, 2005.

1. DarkMazda

Jun 3, 2000
    As you all know, our old band TOBER has disbanded about 7 months ago, so I started to do some searches for a new band to play in. Got an E-maill to try out this band that's starting up in the local area..

I've got a chance to to Jam with them. Must say.. "WOW!" It felt soo good to jam with other ppl... Here is a small clip of something we're thinking of doing... what do ya guys think?

yes.. sorry about my bass sound... it was one take and go with 1 mic for a small room! lol :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Oh btw.. the guitarist was tuned to drop-C# and I had to deal with EADG ;)
    and on my Zon Legacy

yes mp3 is not in the greatest quality, but I wanted to make it small for ppl that have slower connections..

Time Length: 1:38 (680K) Mp3 is there

Inputs Plz! :D
  2. christoph h.

christoph h.

Mar 26, 2001
    clicking on the url in your thread donly gets an error message - your server doesn't allow direct linking. i went to and typed in the link from there. with the new referrer, it worked.

now for the music:

as you said, the sound is lackign, but it's enough the get the idea across. the music flows nicely, you're playing some melodic lines. the flow stops with the chorus, which seems a bit choppy. might have been the desired effect, though.

i'd be interested in hearing that with a singer or some other more prominent "main" melody.
  3. DarkMazda

Jun 3, 2000
    yeah i thought the transition from verse -> chorus was kinda bad.. but it's still in a skeletal stages and like i said, these were all one take..

our singer from TOBER will be trying out as well for vox so that should rock! :)

Can't wait..
  4. Aaron Saunders

Aaron Saunders

Apr 27, 2002
    With a little work on the verse-chorus and a "main melody" -- whether that be vocals, a lead guitar, yourself, whatever -- would make this some really awesome, awesome stuff. As of now, it's only "really cool," which is still pretty darn okay in my book. Nice playing.
  5. Good playing, I also agree with the verse-chorus thing. Should be good when its done w/ vox. Keep it up.
  6. Brad Barker

Brad Barker Supporting Member

Apr 13, 2001
    berkeley, ca
    i really liked the riffs, but...

with that fixed, ya got something really friggin' cool. :cool:
  7. DarkMazda

Jun 3, 2000
    Thanks for the input guys... I know, I have to change my EQ on the amp or maybe change the mids on the Zon :p
  8. alapantera

Mar 22, 2004
    this is pretty cool stuff.

maybe it's just me but i thought the bass tone sounded fine the way it is.
  9. kserg

Feb 20, 2004
    London, UK
    very nice...
  10. DarkMazda

Jun 3, 2000
    thx... the set up was

Zon Legacy 4 -> SWR350x -> dbx 266xl -> TE 1048H 4x10