Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Another bass, another opinion wanted....

Discussion in 'Basses [DB]' started by Nuno A., Oct 17, 2005.

1. Nuno A.

Nuno A. Velvet Strings Customer Service

Jul 9, 2001
    SWITZERLAND
  2. Looks like a good old German flatback. For $2,000, I'd definatley check it out.

While you're at it, you might take a set of strings that you usually use. I usually do that when trying to give a bass every chance. Make sure the seller knows that there's a sound post with...if not, bring one with you. It doesn't have to be perfect....don't jam it in. Obviously it's easier and safer to do the sound post check on a flat-back because one end is
    totally flat.
    From reading your profile, looks like you are a jazz/swing kind of player. From that information, i'd guess you prefer that gut sound. As you can see, this bass has all steel...maybe bring a gut G and D.
    Good luck, and let us know.

3. Nuno A.

Nuno A. Velvet Strings Customer Service

Jul 9, 2001
    SWITZERLAND
    Hi Paul, at the end i got the bass :D , i thought i would never make it, just a couple of days before i was suposed to go check the bass i went to the hospital with an infection in the, colon, so, not only i spent almost $2000 in medical care but i also couldnt go check the bass,anyway after several phone calls with the seller i decided to put $ on the bass, win the auction and just drive 9 hours each way to see if the bass was worth it...... at the end turns out that the bass sounds GREAT, and i bought it, still didnt pay the hospital, i guess they can wait, the bass couldnt, i will post some pictures and comments on a new thread later on, my wife couldnt believe i drove 18 hours for a bass that i didnt even knew it was worth a $0.01.
    I just had the feeling...
    thanks again

NUNO

4. Well, it looks like you're a real man's bassist, NUNO! Who cares about a little $2,000.00 colon infection when you got a chance at a good bass! Congratulations Man! :D

5. azflyman

azflyman

Apr 24, 2004
    Astoria, OR
    Sounds like the right priority to me. I would have done the same thing. Hope your colon is ok, that could get to be a pain in the a$$.

Sorry, I could not resist :D

az