Another bass, another opinion wanted....

Discussion in 'Basses [DB]' started by Nuno A., Oct 17, 2005.

1. Nuno A.

Nuno A. Velvet Strings Customer Service

Jul 9, 2001
  2. Looks like a good old German flatback. For $2,000, I'd definatley check it out.

While you're at it, you might take a set of strings that you usually use. I usually do that when trying to give a bass every chance. Make sure the seller knows that there's a sound post with...if not, bring one with you. It doesn't have to be perfect....don't jam it in. Obviously it's easier and safer to do the sound post check on a flat-back because one end is
    totally flat.
    From reading your profile, looks like you are a jazz/swing kind of player. From that information, i'd guess you prefer that gut sound. As you can see, this bass has all steel...maybe bring a gut G and D.
    Good luck, and let us know.
  3. Nuno A.

Nuno A. Velvet Strings Customer Service

Jul 9, 2001
    Hi Paul, at the end i got the bass :D , i thought i would never make it, just a couple of days before i was suposed to go check the bass i went to the hospital with an infection in the, colon, so, not only i spent almost $2000 in medical care but i also couldnt go check the bass,anyway after several phone calls with the seller i decided to put $ on the bass, win the auction and just drive 9 hours each way to see if the bass was worth it...... at the end turns out that the bass sounds GREAT, and i bought it, still didnt pay the hospital, i guess they can wait, the bass couldnt, i will post some pictures and comments on a new thread later on, my wife couldnt believe i drove 18 hours for a bass that i didnt even knew it was worth a $0.01.
    I just had the feeling...
    thanks again

4. Well, it looks like you're a real man's bassist, NUNO! Who cares about a little $2,000.00 colon infection when you got a chance at a good bass! Congratulations Man! :D
  5. azflyman

Apr 24, 2004
    Astoria, OR
    Sounds like the right priority to me. I would have done the same thing. Hope your colon is ok, that could get to be a pain in the a$$.

Sorry, I could not resist :D