Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Another bass that fell off the ugly tree...

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Blackbird, Jun 29, 2001.

1. Blackbird

Blackbird Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Mar 18, 2000
    California
  2. Nino Valenti

Nino Valenti Commercial User

Feb 2, 2001
    Staten Island NYC
    Builder: Valenti Basses
    As it was falling down the ugly tree, it hit every branch, rolled into the street & got run over by an 18 wheeler!!!! :) What an <b>UGLY</b> bass!!!!

3. Man, that thing is ugly! How many strings are on that, it's hard to tell?

4. =^..^=

=^..^=

Jan 25, 2001
    Stuck on a rock !
    Not only did someone buy it - have a look at his previous auctions. They kinda look like photoshop experiments to me....

5. mikemulcahy

mikemulcahy

Jun 13, 2000
    The Abyss
    That thing is FUGLY!!! Think i will get some phenergan to keep my lunch down.

Mike

6. Eeewwwwwwwwwwwww!!!!

7. that thing bit the ugly curb and got its head stomped.

8. I submitted that to Bunnybass the other day... definitely check out the past auctions by this guy.

Those basses are so wrong.

9. ... and he named the bass SKELETOR ! ! Hell, looks like something I saw on the ground the last time I drank too much beer. Sick !

10. Dave Castelo

Dave Castelo

Apr 19, 2000
    Mexico
    Someone please chop down the Ugly Bass Tree!!! :D

11. woah !

no thanks... i think i'd rather stick to my EDC705, which looks a hell of a lot better..

12. Brad Johnson

Brad Johnson Commercial User

Mar 8, 2000
    Gaithersburg, Md
    Boom Bass Cabinets, DR strings
    You guys have no class

:D

13. Erlendur Már

Erlendur Már

May 24, 2000
    This is one helluva bass! I´d like to buy it, but I don´t have the money:(

14. ubersam

ubersam

Oct 12, 2000
    L.A.
    Oi! As a KLINGON, I believe it's a fantasticle piece of weaponry. It is truly an instrument capable of administering damage & pain.

j/k :D

15. Brendan

Brendan

Jun 18, 2000
    Austin, TX
    Comic store guy voice on:

Worst bass ever.

Comic store guy voice off:

16. Those are just.............. wrong.
    I guess it's cool that he is taking the time to make his own axes, but maybe he might want to consider taking a design class at the local junior college.

But I keep going back to look at them, it's like driving past a bad car wreck- you have to look.

Maybe rotten.com would be a better place to see them instead of Bunnybass.

17. BigJH

BigJH

Jan 20, 2001
    Cincinnati, Ohio
    That bass looks like it was beaten with the ugly stick and then hit with a hot bag of nickels !!! That makes my head hurt.

18. I love the first line of the add:

"Here we go again. The first one of these got such great reaction, I made another, just like the other, but different."

He must suffer from lack of perception, he didn't notice that the people that comented on the bass giggled as they walked away.

19. OMG U MEAN SOME1 PAID GOOD MONEY FOR THAT!?

20. Ahhh. I think the actual construction looks okay. It's not pretty, but you can tell how much someone rocks by the amount of spikes on thier bass/guitar. This explains the BC rich Designs too..