Another Bass vs Bass Thread

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by tiredman9, Dec 28, 2005.

1. tiredman9

Aug 15, 2005
    New York
    Hey Guys,

So I got some money finally saved up and am choosing between two basses. The ones are an Epiphone Jack Casady (used maybe) and a used Lakland Skyline Jerry Scheff model.

The epi is the nicest hollowbody out there in my opinion, but I just can't find one to tryout. From the clips though I really like the sound. It has the right nut width that I like (1.625) and I like passive basses. I don't know how versataile it is I could really use some advice on that. I am worrying about it's versatility (sp?) because it is a big hollowbody with just one pickup in the sweet or "p bass" spot. So again if anyone knows please tell.

The Lakland Jerry Scheff is really nice in my opinion. It's great quality and I really like the sound as well. Also it is pretty versataile having an active preamp (3-band) and also a passive/active switch.

So which do you guys think is better..if you can't stand either just say so and tell me what other things you like (for that my range is circa 800 preferably)
  2. Figjam

Aug 5, 2003
    Boston, MA
    I would go for the Lakland.
  3. i dont know if the G&L ASAT is a full hollow or a semi-hollow but i love the way it sounds and have wanted one forever.
  4. tiredman9

Aug 15, 2005
    New York
    G&L ASATs are semi hollow. They are good in quality but not my thing in build and sound. Thanks guys for the quick replies
  5. X Wolf

X Wolf Guest

As far as the hollowbody basses, I played both the Epi Jack Bass and the Lakland Hollowbody and by far preferred the Lakland, different strokes I guess.

6. i'm not a hollow body fan, but Epiphone basses suck.
    with the Lakland, you would stand a chance of getting your money back, out of it. :cool: