Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

ANOTHER BORING NEW SADOWSKY!

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by burk48237, Jun 30, 2005.

1. burk48237

burk48237 Supporting Member

Nov 22, 2004
    Oak Park, MI
    We'll it's not actually new but my bass arrived from the Atlanta Bass Gallery today. Jim did an excellent job, shipped in two business days no extra charge. Strings appear a little dead but I already ordered a set of Sadowsky nickles in anticipation. Set up is Exceptional, it obviously wasn't sitting on the wall of a GC! :D It feels a good two pounds lighter then my Metro (which is not a heavy 5) and it's also up on Rogers archives #3830, that makes two! Sound, after ten minutes of playing one thing is obvious a maple board plus Sadowsky=Slap Monster, I was actually a better "slapper" after about ten minutes on this bass. I prefer the fingerstyle sound of my RV5 (a little warmer) but it still sounds good. I guess the rest of you guys are safe if your out looking now, because short of hitting the lotto I'm done for a while, but If you see a used one at a good price just remember Tomboulus and Big Mike are still on the prowl! :p

Here's a couple of picks including a "family portait", Also if anyone is interested I'm throwing my 75 RI Fender J MIJ in the Classifieds (shamless spam)

Attached Files:

2. James Hart

James Hart

Feb 1, 2002
    toms_river.nj.us
    Endorsing Artist: see profile
    nice! Roger always has killer quilts!

3. G

G

Apr 12, 2000
    MI
    Awesome. Simply Awesome. Perhaps a different pickguard? When is that honey going to make it to LDS?

4. adrian garcia

adrian garcia

Apr 9, 2001
    las vegas. nevada
    Endorsing Artist: Nordy Basses, Schroeder Cabs, Gallien Krueger Amps
    SWEET! congrats , my man.

5. burk48237

Nov 22, 2004
    Oak Park, MI
    It will actually be there around 4 today for a quickie, but I'm trying to get Tomboulus and KJung in here for a 5 string "shoot out". Celender, 25th anniversary Sadowsky, and my used NYC! I may stay with the white because I'm still going to add a pickup cover, it has gold hardware so the pearl (my next choice) may be a little too gaudy.

6. bassmonkeee

bassmonkeee Supporting Member

Sep 13, 2000
    Decatur, GA
    Nice bass. I played it when I was getting my Metro from the Atlanta Bass Gallery. I normally don't like gold hardware, but I thought it looked excellent with that finish.

The strings were dead when I played it, too, but I could hear the potential. :bassist:

7. MikeBass and I are heading down to LDS next Wed afternoon (at least that's the plan) to do a comparison of his Metro RV5 and my NYC with the exact same specs. It should be fun. What would be very cool is if we could find someone with an Ultra Vintage that we could compare to my Celinder Update5... then we would have some real comparisons... NYC vs. Metro 60's type models, and Celinder and Sadowsky full bodied 70's type models.

Anyway, I'll PM you next week and let you know when we are going over there... congrats on the new bass... it looks like a nice one.

8. buzzbass

buzzbass Shoo Shoo Retarded Flu !

Apr 23, 2003
    NJ
    Hey Jim, we're playing saturday afternoon @ the Gates Motel in Point from 4-8. Why don't you stop down for a beer or 2. I'd love to meet a fellow TB'r in person.

9. burk48237

Nov 22, 2004
    Oak Park, MI
    K, Sounds like a possibility, depends a lot on the new job and the time, I'm still waiting for a lap top from work, when that hits I'm going to be pretty busy. I still want to see Boulous's bass in person!

10. BigMikeW

BigMikeW Banned

May 25, 2005
    Nashville, TN.
    Banned by TB Administration for refusal to account for funds

Feeling stupid here but what is the LDS?

11. burk48237

Nov 22, 2004
    Oak Park, MI
    LSD is a highly addictive drug that causes many around metro Detroit to want to buy bass equipment. Well actually thats LDS (Low Down Sound) a very cool bass store in suburban Motown, Mikebass has a cot their! They also make some great speaker cabs!

www.lowdownsound.com

12. Fuzzbass

Fuzzbass P5 with overdrive Supporting Member

What the webguy said!

13. tombowlus

tombowlus If it sounds good, it is good Gold Supporting Member

Apr 3, 2003
    North central Ohio
    Editor-in-Chief, Bass Gear Magazine
    Keep me in the loop on that one. Maybe I can come up with a reason why I need to drive to Detroit next Wed. afternoon!

Tom.

14. tombowlus

Apr 3, 2003
    North central Ohio
    Awesome looking bass, BTW, burk-man! :D

15. Very cool. Since we are here all the time anyway, let us know if there's a good time for you to come to Detroit and we will work around your schedule.

16. tombowlus

Apr 3, 2003
    North central Ohio
    Next Wednesday actually looks promising! I'm marking it as "out of the office" on my calendar right now! I need to talk to Don about making a 1x10 sub to go with my 3-way 1x8, anyway. :D

Anything you guys want me to bring, in addition to the Sadowsky and the Skjold?

Tom.

17. Great! I've never seen nor played a Skjold, so that will be fun. I'll bring the Celinder Update 5 for you to check out also. I'll email MikeBass to make sure Wed. is definitely OK for him. Let us know what time is best for you. Maybe my new LDS 3x8 B&C Neo plus Selenium tweeter will be completed so you can check it out. I very much look forward to meeting you and hanging out if it works out.

Ken

18. tombowlus

Apr 3, 2003
    North central Ohio
    Me too!