1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Another boring pedal order question...

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by Eric Perry, Apr 19, 2006.

1. Hi guys...

I recently cleaned out my pedal collection, and am sticking with (most likely) just 3. I have a Boss CEB-3 chorus, Ibanez PD7 distortion, and a SABDDI.

What would be the most logical placement of these pedals? I'm also using a compressor, but that's last in line due to the fact that I'm using primarily for protection purposes. I also use a BBE 882i. That is also toward the end of the line, mainly for simplicity sake.

I'm using a SVT-III if that's any help.

Thanks in advance! :)

Eric

2. If it were me I'd go SABBDI -> PD-7 -> CEB-3 into comp at such like. If I were going to use the SABBDI as a DI with a distorted sound going to a mixer then it would go: PD-7 -> CEB-3 -> SABBDI -> comp etc.

I'd experiment with the chorus before and after the distortion to see what sounded best. I found that chorus stood out more when run after distortion/overdrive.

Hope that helps.

3. i'd do the SABBDI -> PD-7 -> CEB-3 as well...

4. It would probably help stating that the SABDDI is used for a pre (to dirty up my sound) rather than a DI. I DI out of my head, not the SansAmp (usually).

Thanks for the help so far guys!

5. Nyarlathotep

Nyarlathotep Banned

Feb 5, 2006
    West Coast of Canada
    I'd go dist -> chorus -> sansamp...

I have my CEB before my sansamp (also used as a pre). I find it adds just the right amount of punchyness. Seriously, that's the only way to describe it :eyebrow: .

6. Thanks for the replies everyone...

Now what if I hypothetically wanted to throw a Morley bass wah into that equation? :ninja: What would be the most logical spot to insert that?

7. Funkypants

Funkypants

Apr 17, 2006
    I'd put it after the distortion, since I don't use dist + chorus that much. But this is a personal point... ;)
    I would definately not start of finish the chain with it.

Another point, this one not so personal, is that Morley wahs are not the highest rated wahs out there.
    I'd give the Dunlop a try.
    But if you tried the Morley before and liked it, go for it. :p

8. Agreed, and very well will switch to the Dunlop eventually, but I scored the Morley cheap, and did get acquainted to it's very wierd, abrupt sweep. It'll do for now. Once everything is wired up, it will be easy to swap out one link of that chain.

So... Dist --> Chorus --> Wah --> SABDDI --> Rig.

Everyone agrees that's a feasible place to start? I'm the first to admit I'm not up on pedal order, etc. Prior to asking here, I had it SABDDI -> Chorus -> Dist -> Wah. I didn't mind the tone at all, but I'm always thinking there is room for improvement somewhere!

In the future, I'll be adding a Loooper in there, for true bypass. In the meantime, I'll take what I can get!

Thanks everyone!

9. Nyarlathotep

Nyarlathotep Banned

Feb 5, 2006
    West Coast of Canada
    I'd just move the BDDI to the end so I could use it as a DI/Preamp