Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Another Bouring Thumbing Tread

Discussion in 'Technique [BG]' started by Nancy-Boy, Apr 13, 2003.

1. Nancy-Boy

Nancy-Boy

Sep 16, 2001
    Sorry for this but ive been workin on the double thumbin technique and i honestly think i have cracked it tho i think what i am doin (along with all my techniques) is wrong but it sounds right
    i place my thumb and index fingers together to create a sorta pick strum down with my thumb bottom up with my thumb nail and up with the index finger I get this triplet effect and have now finally made Power by Marcus Miller sound right..dun half hurt ur thumb...do ppl use the nail or the fleshy bit next to the thumb.. im using the fleshy bit..can see a calus formin there:D ... i still think classic thumb is out oy my league are there any more simple-ish double thumbing songs like power that i could try..?? thanks bunch ppl..

2. christoph h.

christoph h.

Mar 26, 2001
    Germany
    first i have to disappoint you a bit, the technique that you described isn't "doublethumbing".
    other than that it's never bad to try and perhaps even "create" your own techniques.

one advise you might want to follow is that to learn a new technique, just practice everything you know utilizing the new style (if possible).

alain caron (and vic, too, i believe) doublethumbed donna lee, marcus miller slapped teen town, etc...

3. Nancy-Boy

Nancy-Boy

Sep 16, 2001
    Well i kinda knew it wasnt right neway but i have been playing more with this weird technique and getting results got the run down to classic thumb now after the intro bit.. tis like my slapping style got a unique muting technique guess me just an oddball..lol:p