1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Another buught an SX thread

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by ironrat, Apr 12, 2009.

1. ironrat

ironrat

Sep 24, 2008
    I know, this have been posted a million times but.....I FINALLY BOUGHT ONE! This one :http://www.rondomusic.com/spj623ts.html

I love the SX neck on my Jay Turser and I wanted soooooooooo much a PJ (althought a 5str almost pulled me away).

I will post my review upon arrival.

Note: Another buught an SX thread ---> I know, wrong spelling. My bad

2. LCW

LCW Banned

Mar 2, 2009
    OREGON!
    sweet! i am gettin the same one in white or red just cuz its 20$ cehaper and i dont care about paint anyways let us know the quality

3. I had one of those exact ones but the baseball bat size neck made it almost impossible for me to play.

4. LCW

LCW Banned

Mar 2, 2009
    OREGON!
    baseball bat hmm sounds like my kinda of bass i dont dig jazz necks and am totally for a p width neck

5. ironrat

ironrat

Sep 24, 2008
    baseball neck??? I have a P SX neck and I feel it perfect. That I am 6' 1" and have a big hand may have something to do with :)

BTW: shipping charges were just a little over $50 because where i live. I wish TRULY wish that Rondo/Kurt use USPS.

I am kind of soft for bursts :D

6. mrtn400

mrtn400

Dec 6, 2008
    Carmichael, CA
    I'm getting the single-P version to do some major modding to.

If they used UPS then half the stuff they ship would be damaged on arrival.

7. kjpollo

kjpollo

Mar 17, 2008
    CT
    I have the same one in white w/black PG.

Love it! I'm pretty agreeable when it comes to necks. I dont have the biggest hands on the planet but I find I'm more comfortable on somewhat bigger necks anyway.

The only negative thing about the bass is the noise from the J pickup. Its a true single coil and it can be noisy as anything so I dont use it that much.
    But thats OK because I wanted it primarily as a P-bass anyway.

I may pick up some copper shielding tape and have my first go at a shielding job, but that wont happen until the summer.

Enjoy yours! You wont be sorry!

8. I heart my SXs.

9. The PJ's have thicker necks than the regular P's for some reason. It was wayyy too thick and round down by the nut. And yes, I'm sure having big hands would make a lot of difference. I generally don't have trouble with the Fender P's but that SX PJ was really thick front to back.

10. mndean

mndean

Mar 20, 2009
    California
    They do use UPS. I've had more trouble with UPS damaging stuff than any other shipper the past ten years, but I wasn't about to pop for FedEx for my SX. Parcel Post has been remarkably good to me in the same time, but I doubt that it'd be cheaper for Kurt to send through them. They have strict size limits which you pay more for exceeding. Probably makes them the same or higher than UPS in price. The one thing that sticks in my craw UPS vs. Parcel Post is that UPS will let your package sit in the depot for days if it arrives early so that you don't get it before scheduled arrival. Parcel Post never did that to me - I got many items early.

11. ironrat

ironrat

Sep 24, 2008
    thick = stronger or not?

12. oldrookie

oldrookie

May 15, 2007
    Avon, IN
    Neck is nothing compared to the G&L Tribute L2500. I used to be focused on the thickness of the neck, but I have a P-neck, a Trib, and a very thin The Bass Company AP500M. All different, but I really have learned to like them all.

I just play the neck profile I'm in the mood to play.

For what's worth...I really like the SX Jazz neck feel.

13. ironrat

ironrat

Sep 24, 2008
    I hope my bass wont get a rough ride.
    waiting anxiously!

14. oldrookie

oldrookie

May 15, 2007
    Avon, IN
    The one I bought was packaged very well. Would take some effort to damage one, I suspect.

Isn't anticipation a great thing:)

15. BassBob185

BassBob185

Oct 25, 2007
    Rocking Chair
    My SX PJ is nice playing and sounding and yes it does have a big a$$ neck. Here is my SX PJ with some mods.

16. ironrat

ironrat

Sep 24, 2008
    did you posted a pic?

BTW: anyone knows if a P Fender pickguard will fit an P/PJ SX?

17. BassBob185

BassBob185

Oct 25, 2007
    Rocking Chair
  18. BassBob185

BassBob185

Oct 25, 2007
    Rocking Chair
    Click on the B's Gallery tab

19. ironrat

ironrat

Sep 24, 2008
    What a nice mob you got!
    That SX looks nice!

20. bass4me

bass4me Supporting Member

Sep 12, 2007
    North AL
    I just put a P pickguard on my SX PJ62, had to do quite a bit of trimming, but it's on there and doesn't look half bad. It's a good sounding bass. I had to do quite a bit of adjusting to it when it came in, but heck it was only 120 bucks. Have fun, you'll enjoy it. Oh, and yes, that neck is THICK lol.