Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

another cab

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Eric Cioe, Jun 16, 2001.

1. Eric Cioe

Eric Cioe

Jun 4, 2001
    Missoula, MT
    you see kids, i have a gallien krueger 400 rb head and a swr workingmans 1x15t. the deal is, i want another cab. i am also getting a 6 string, so im gonna need great range. i can get all the notes on a 6 to go through my rig fine, but the lows...they arent there so much,

i want a cab that can boost my low and lower mids. the deal is, it has to be 8 ohms. i was thinkingh a sunn 2x15, then later on i could add the sunn 4x10 and keep my swr at home.

thoughts??

2. Gabu

Gabu

Jan 2, 2001
    Lake Elsinore, CA
    a 2x15 will certainly add to your lows... But it seems that quite a few of them are 4 ohm cabinets. If your requirement is a 8 ohm cab, be careful there.

Also, when you do get one... check it's polarity. I was surprised when I checked mine that the speakers were wired out of phase. It made a big difference when I corrected them.

3. Eric Cioe

Eric Cioe

Jun 4, 2001
    Missoula, MT
    yes im positive its a 8 ohm cab

4. Sunn will not publish their specs, but their 2x15 is not the cab if you are interested in lows. This cab is very loud but not designed to go real low, especially if you are a 5-string player. I got to help a friend who owns this cab with his adventures of replacing a blown driver. He had the cab spec'ed at a sound shop, and replaced both drivers with Eminence Kappas.

Look into:

Ampeg PR-410HLF
    Ampeg PR-810H
    Genz-Benz GB 610T-XB
    Eden CXM-110
    SWR Megoliath
    Euphonic Audio VL-210
    Euphonic Audio VL-310
    Ampeg SVT-1540HE
    Eden D-215XL
    Eden D-215XLT
    Euphonic Audio VL-208