Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Another can 2 combos = 1 rig?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by bassicrunner, Jan 15, 2002.

1. bassicrunner

bassicrunner

Sep 23, 2001
    You all helped alot, but when you say run a cable from the 1/4th inch line out to the effects return or input of the peavey (from the redhead), do I use a speaker cable or instrument cable? Also, where do I put the cable into my Redhead? Thanks for the cooperation.

2. Gabu

Gabu

Jan 2, 2001
    Lake Elsinore, CA
    Plug a 1/4" cable (instrument or speaker ... the signal will be low voltage so it doesn't matter) into your LINE OUT jack. It could be called a PRE AMP OUT jack. Plug the other end into the INPUT, the EFFECTS RETURN, or the POWER AMP IN jack of the Peavey.

In addition to being a regular amp, the Redhead becomes the preamp to the Peavey.

3. bassicrunner

bassicrunner

Sep 23, 2001
    Is it ok that the line out is unbalanced? Also, the switch has a line or direct. Which one should it be? (Sorry I'm so dumb and ignorant. Thanks for the help.)

4. Chasarms

Chasarms Casual Observer

May 24, 2001
    Bettendorf, IA USA
    It is no big deal that the line is unbalanced. Just don't use more than a 20-foot cable.

You can use a speaker cable, but an instrument cable is likely to be less noisy.

Set the switch to "line." This is post-preamp and will allow all of the sexy vibes of the SWR to run through the Peavy as well.

Chas