(another) Carvin preamp replacement question

Discussion in 'Pickups & Electronics [BG]' started by LeftyLB70P, Oct 3, 2005.

1. LeftyLB70P

May 4, 2005
    Athens, Ga.
    OK, I have searched and haven't found specifics (please forgive me and direct me to them if I missed 'em).

I have a 2001 Carvin LB70P. It has piezo's. I am interested in trying out new electronics, pickups, etc.

Can someone direct me to a preamp. I find plenty of info on pickups and such but I haven't been able to locate detailed info on preamps. I like Bartolini - I have passive Barts on a Precision and am happy enough to lean towards Bart preamp, eventually to try some Bart pups.

Is my thinking right? I can't afford to just replace everything all at once so I am thinking: (1)preamp (something that allows for piezos then later on (2)bridge & neck pups ---- for what it's worth bridge is a humbucker. Any info is great especially packages that I can pickup seperately that work well together.

Sorry - this is obviously in the wrong place. MODS, if you could correct my mistake, I would appreciate it.
  2. Showdown

Showdown Supporting Member

Jan 21, 2002
    Honolulu, Hawaii
    The Bart preamps are good, but I'm not sure if they will work with your piezo pickup or not.