Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Another Church players topic-Post pics of your basses

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Grant22, Mar 4, 2006.

1. Grant22

Grant22 Groovin' the gospel

Oct 29, 2005
    Winter Garden FL
    I would like to see what you guys play, I play a Carvin LB75, but I don't have any good pics of it.

Grant

2. Robear22

Robear22 Supporting Member

Sep 28, 2004
    Beach Park, Ill
    Here are my two main church players.

[​IMG]

3. Tired_Thumb

Tired_Thumb Guest

[​IMG]

That's me coincidently after church with my P-O-SX (and some scary hair). Actually, it's a great bass in the church realm.

4. vision

vision It's all about the groove! Supporting Member

Feb 25, 2005
    Ann Arbor, MI
    Here's my Peavey Cirrus that I play in church...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

5. T-Funk

T-Funk

Jul 2, 2005
    USA
    Below is a picture of my main basses:

[​IMG]

Carvin LB75 (left) - Fender American Deluxe Precision V (middle) - Carvin LB75F (right)

Lately, the Carvin LB75 has been getting a lot of play time.

Ted

6. lopsy_lu

lopsy_lu

Feb 15, 2005
    Scotland, UK.
    is it just a coincidence? or is there a reason all the pics so far are of 5-string basses?

I'm just curious, not being a religious guy, does the music you guys play tend to benefit from the extra low range?

thanks

7. Warwickluvr

Warwickluvr

Dec 26, 2005
    I play a Warwick Corvette. I'd post a pic, but I'm sure it isn't much different than the other million Corvette pics on this board.

PS: Mine's a four string. I do fine without the low B.

8. Tired_Thumb

Tired_Thumb Guest

Nope, mine's tuned EADGC. :D

j/k, in my particular circumstance, I'm playing against two guitars, a piano, a flute, sometimes an organ, an eight piece choir, and a drummer of course. Sometimes I play basic Clayton influenced lines, sometimes I play counter-leads to the choir or lead guitar, and sometimes I even use an octave pedal (BSW) to simulate the pedal range of the pipe organ, but I'm unconventional in that I use EADGC indeed. You do see quite a bit of low B action elsewhere though I've found.

9. scubaduba

scubaduba Supporting Member

Dec 23, 2003
    Michigan
    Here's my Warrior

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

10. T-Funk

T-Funk

Jul 2, 2005
    USA
    For the style of gospel music I play, the B string is highly recommended.

Ted

11. "And on the 7th day, God rested.." so that on the 8th day he could create the FNA Jazzman 5-string fretless!
    [​IMG]
    :bassist: :bassist: :bassist:

12. g00eY

g00eY

Sep 17, 2005
    Chicago, IL
    i play a Carvin LB75F:

[​IMG]

:)

13. Philbiker

Philbiker Pat's the best!

Dec 28, 2000
    Northern Virginia, USA
    Depending on the songs we'll be playing I use one of these two basses. Both of them have Labella nylon tapewound strings on them right now, not the strings in the pictures.

[​IMG]
    Brice V2 6 string fretless.
    I play in a Catholic Church and some of the songs are very old organ based music with guitar arrangements for the contemporary choir. I like to be able to use the notes below E when a song would feature pedals in an organ arrangement. For songs like this I am NOT shy, and will go to "B" without any hesitation. Also, it's nice for songs in keys like Ab and Eb. Typically a guitarist uses a capo for songs like this. In the contemporary choir in the church where I used to live we had a trumpet player so we played a lot of stuff in Eb and Ab. (He was great - we used to jam on "So What" sometimes on breaks). Also, I play chords a lot, that's where the 6 string comes in. Outside of church I would almost never use the high string.

[​IMG]
    Tacoma Thunderchief. Got acoustic vibe. Sounds great. Looks great.

We don't have a church building yet we're set up in the gym of the school that was built first. As such the sound is terrible and the acoustics dreadful. We play quietly and there are no drums so I don't need much power. I just use my practice amp, a Trace Elliot Boxer 30, which carries really well and gives great tone for it's diminutive size.

14. steve4765630

steve4765630

Feb 27, 2006
    Here's my main sword. Sorry no closeup of this rad machine.

15. steve4765630

steve4765630

Feb 27, 2006
    There we go. This is a bigger view.

16. bassthumpa

bassthumpa

Aug 31, 2004
    Austin, TX
    From what I've seen, most gospel bassists go at least with a 5'er. Gospel music tends to make great use of that B.

17. BassSlave

BassSlave

Mar 2, 2006
    Chicago via Park Forest IL
    Endorsing artist: Sadowsky Basses & Dean Markley Strings
    I use this Citron 5 fretless tuned EADGC, Sadowsky UV70MW5 tuned BEADG minus the price tag (I just got it this week and tomorrow will be the first time using it on Sunday). I also use an MTD 635 tuned BEADGC.

18. BassSlave

BassSlave

Mar 2, 2006
    Chicago via Park Forest IL
    Endorsing artist: Sadowsky Basses & Dean Markley Strings
    and here's the MTD 635

19. tbone0813

tbone0813 The faithless say farewell when the road darkens.

Aug 6, 2005
    Grand Prairie, TX.
    Here's my Skjold Custom Exotic 5.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

20. clavefa

clavefa Te Traigo El Tumbao