Another Claypool Effects Thread

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by ImNotGeddyLee, Dec 7, 2002.

1. after seeing Frog Brigade a few more times recently, I have noticed that he knows has a LOT more effects on stage... thanx to Ben from Deadweight I was able to get a quick look at his setup when I helped Ben with his equipment. I noticed he still has the Boomerang, Korg Multi-effects unit, and Sansamp that he used when the Frogs first toured but now I also noticed i believe 2 line6 modelers (looked like the delay and modulation modelers) as well a taures pedals or whatever you call them (what Rush has been using for years)... anyone else have any further info...
  2. BassAxe

Jul 22, 2002
    Culpeper, VA
    Korg multi? Would that be the A4 or something else?
  3. Toneworks i believe, and INGL, do you HAVE to rub it in that you got to meet Deadweight?
  4. BP mag detailed his FX last year and explicitly I believe.
    The Line 6 Modelers have a routing trick that is kinda cool; if you split your signal at all, run the end of your signal chains into the stereo inputs of your DL4, FM4 or whatever but only plug the mono (L) output into your rig. The Modelers will sum your signal for you.
    Cool eh?
  5. Duke of Prunes

Duke of Prunes Supporting Member

Jul 19, 2001
    Southborough, MA
    He uses the line 6 DL4 delay and DM4 (i think) distortion. He also had an access virus analog synth hooked up to a boss/roland midi pedal. I think he had a direct box of some kind and there were a lot of misc. switches which were probably used for bypassing and whatnot. Hey INGL, which shows did you go to?
  6. i was at the Boston show at the Avalon and the Lupos show in Providence this tour.