Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

another clueless n00b

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by kyo, Jul 6, 2004.

1. kyo

kyo

Jul 6, 2004
    hey guys. i've been browsing here for a while but decided to finally register. anyway. i just got a hartke 2000 head and peavey 115BX cab. cheap, i know, but i like the sound.

anyway, heres the question. i know this is loud enough for a practice...but the band is going to play shows soon. do i need another cab? if so, will a 2x10 be enough, or should i just go ahead and spring for a 4x10?

and do you have any recommendations on specific cabs? thanks for any help :bassist:

2. it really depends on the size of shows the style of your band and what sound your going for.

If it was me I'd get a peavey 2*10 because they are a good brand and you like the sound! If your gonna be feeding the pa you only need enough volume to compete with the other amps on stage and your drummer. So if the guitarists aren't changing anything for gigs what you practice with will be fine for gigs, volume wise neways!

your obviously not worried about portability but for me also the 4*10 isn't enough advantage over a 2*10 to make it worth the hassle!

3. kyo

kyo

Jul 6, 2004
    well, small to medium shows. you see, there are quiet a few venues that they played before i joined/we will play now that do not have PAs. most not all that big, but still alot bigger then say, a garage.

its a metal band. i think a 210 will probably be good...thanks for the help :)

and yes...i adore peavey...my guitar set up is all peavey too :cool: