1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Another converted!

Discussion in 'Welcome Forum - New Member Intros' started by Exemonium, May 13, 2010.

1. Exemonium

Exemonium Supporting Member

May 13, 2010
    Hello everyone! I'm happy to be a part of your community. Here's a story, of a lovely lady...no wait, I'm not a lady and that's a different story. Anywho's I started out playing guitar, jumped right into lead and I played a little bit that way, then slowly morphed into playing rhythm and singing lead. I took about 6 years off after playing for 3 1/2, I guess I just lost interest without having a reason to play. I guess you could say my profession is in performance, but as a musical theater singer/actor. Nothing big time, but enough to pay the bills. Long story short I was hired to play in the band for their most recent show, which is a show based on 50's/60's style music with a dash of 70's. It took me a little bit to get used to the bass clef and I had to borrow a bass. But I have to say I fell in love! I've always loved rhythms and if I had the means and practice space I would have been a drummer, but I somehow played guitar. I find bass guitar to be a great meshing of the two things I enjoy:hyper: So I'm in the process of purchasing my first real bass which is how I stumbled across these forums!

I'm here to soak up as much information as I can, as I cannot afford an instructor. I'm here for tips, tricks, stories, ideas, inspirations, and a reason to keep playing. I'm going to be sure I always have something going on where I need to play, so it doesn't fade away like guitar did. I'm trying to stay as technical as I can with my playing, but as an ex-guitarist it's easy for me to fall into my guitar habits. My first action was to lose the pick. I already know I can pick and have no problems with it, so I didn't need to work on it. Fingers are a little tougher for me, but it's coming together quickly. I haven't had a chance to look extensively yet, but I'm hoping to find an area for exercises/workouts to get those fingers all working together and quicker. If anyone has ANY ideas for a starting bassist that's a quick learner let me know :D I've already been into Jamiroquai, Lenny Kravitz, Tool, and No Doubt for songs to learn(yes I jump right in there). Just before I signed up here I came across a bassist named Lex Sadler and I VERY MUCH dig his style!

Also I feel I should share that I love all styles of music and want to play everything I can. Sorry to be long winded and ramble on. Thanks for having me in your community and I can't wait to learn more and share with everyone!