1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Another Craigslist Wimmer

Discussion in 'Band Management [BG]' started by ELG60, Apr 21, 2019.

Tags:
  1. ELG60

ELG60 Supporting Member

Apr 26, 2017
    Mid-Florida
    Tribute Bands Wamted!

Just to make sure that I understand correctly, you can't be bothered to ensure that your heading is spelled correctly, you don't know the difference between "accept" and "except," You can't spell guidance, and you've been doing this for 60+ years, so you must be at least in your mid 70's.

Yup, I'm sure that you're dialed in to the current music marketing environment.

For reference:
    Tribute Bands Wamted! (St. Petersburg) hide this posting
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

© craigslist - Map data © OpenStreetMap
    (google map)

Tribute bands, depending how good they are and how in demand for the group they portray making lots of $$$$$$. 2, 3, 4, 5 thousand and up. I'm looking for tribute bands to promote and manage. I'm sure there are some out there who would like to make lots of $$$$. PLEASE DO NOT CONTACT ME IF YOU ARE NOT LOOKING FOR MANAGEMENT OR GUIDENCE, OR HAVE OTHER THINGS IN THE WORKS. Also, I am not a "BOOKER" I AM A MANAGER, totally different animal. I don't except your commission % offer. I set my commission fees for MY services which I dictate, not you! You can benefit from my 60+ years of experience and knowledge! PLEASE, IF YOU WON'T SEND A LINK OR VIDEO, DON'T CONTACT ME WITH NONSENSE, and I don't do business by email, if I send my number and you won't comply, then find someone else to hassle. I don't have the time to play games! I've been doing this for years and know what I'm doing even though you my think otherwise.. Don't ask me who I have managed, you wouldn't know them if I told you. I have had clients on national TV shows, and my clients make more $$$ working with me.. If you think you can do better on your own, have at it, you can't get the deals I can.. And you don't have the contacts and know how that I do.

Mr_Moo, Dean N, Gearhead17 and 7 others like this.
  2. two fingers

two fingers Opinionated blowhard. But not mad about it. Gold Supporting Member

Feb 7, 2005
    Eastern NC USA
    Friends don't let friends interwebz drunk.

3. JGbassman

JGbassman Supporting Member

May 31, 2011
    There seems to be a lot of anger, bad grammar, and lack of spell check in this gentleman.

Without a doubt he is a pro.

4. PauFerro

PauFerro

Jun 8, 2008
    United States
    Don't like the fact that he doesn't spell out his definitions of "booking agent" and "manager". Don't like his "Don't waste my time" attitude, or his general arrogance. If I called this guy, I would expect him to start off assuming I'm a time-wasting musician lacking professionalism or knowledge of the industry. I wouldn't expect him to be the kind of person I would want to do business with.

basspraiser, Ductapeman, JRA and 2 others like this.
  5. Looser.

zon5string, teh-slb, design and 26 others like this.
  6. Michedelic

Michedelic MId-Century Modern

For some reason, I imagine this guy has a toupee and sweats a lot. Oh, yeah, stinky cigars.

Ekulati, Engle, TheMaynorD and 6 others like this.
  7. ELG60

ELG60 Supporting Member

Apr 26, 2017
    Mid-Florida
    Evidently, someone reached out to this guy and he fulfills expectations:

re: Tribute Bands Wanted

For further posteriority (sic):
    I love watching this guy implode on the internet. Read his posts....does he sound like a person who has the people skills to manage ANYTHING? He can't even keep from raging like a spoiled little baby when he's trying to sell himself. Do you really want him representing YOU?

He's an expert, has decades of experience, knows more than you do, and can guide you to make lots of money - except, he has absolutely nothing to show for it beyond an amateur website that looks like it was thrown together by a 4th grader during an afternoon recess.

He has no references. (Small-time acting credits from 40 years ago do NOT qualify as a reference to be an entertainment manager. Neither does a list of unverifiable accomplishments with no details.)

He has no clients. (Why does a supposed manager with decades of expertise have no clients?)

He is 25 years behind the times. (Check out his laughable website. "Look ma, I made a website. And it's free!")

He doesn't want you to ask any questions, because he has no answers for those questions....i.e., if you ask him for references, or who he "manages" now....he'll write back and call you a fool.

Which reminds me.....the man has the people skills of a spoiled three year-old child. If his own words in his posts aren't enough to convince you of that fact, just write and ask him to provide a shred of evidence regarding his supposed management expertise....he'll rip you a new one. I don't make the rules, but people skills ARE a necessary requirement for an entertainment manager...just sayin'.

He's a wannabe with no clients, no references, and zero verifiable track record.

Credible people are happy to provide evidence of their credibility. Save your time and your money. There are plenty of legitimate managers in this market...and this guy ain't one of 'em.

• do NOT contact me with unsolicited services or offers

BooDoggie and Ductapeman like this.
  8. Element Zero

Element Zero Supporting Member

Dec 14, 2016
    California
    9EEFD2D3-96B8-47D5-B651-8BBA288BB1AA.

BassCliff, klejst, CereBassum and 8 others like this.
  9. DWBass

DWBass The Funkfather

He's had clients perform on the national level yet, no one would know who they are? Sorry, bruh. I like full disclosure. I need name, name of company, a list of 'successful' clients along with testimonials. He's full of ****!! Somebody call this fool!

10. Spidey2112

Spidey2112

Aug 3, 2016
    I had heard Elmer Fudd had retired to that area, but didn't realize he was still pounding the pavement...

Renaissance likes this.
  11. levis76

levis76 Seconds from getting ba...

Apr 14, 2007
    Metro Detroit
    Flori-duh. ‘Nuff said.

12. lfmn16

lfmn16 Supporting Member

Sep 21, 2011
    charles town, wv
    Probably goes by the name, "The Colonel."

13. Duder

Duder

Dec 6, 2014
    Florida
    Yeah, but is there anywhere to play in St. Pete anymore? I can think of a couple places, but they're killing the downtown scene.

MF-Winzlow, ELG60 and Goatrope like this.
  14. redwingxix

redwingxix

Oct 21, 2015
    detroit
    Maybe it's actually St. Petersburg, Russia?

15. Duder

Duder

Dec 6, 2014
    Florida
    In mother Russia, music plays you!

16. Medicine Man

Medicine Man

Apr 10, 2015
    none
    Any angent or manager who won't work off a percentage is off my list immediately. If you don't have the ambition to make me money, I don't have the ambition to make you any. Guys like this are a dime a dozen in any market, and try to prey off ignorant but ambitious musicians. A manager who doesn't book gigs but wants cash up front, and has promoted all the best acts, but you never heard of em? Sigh.

Ductapeman and Duder like this.
  17. TNCreature

TNCreature Jinkies! Supporting Member

Jan 25, 2010
    Philadelphia Burbs
    This is my favorite part:
    " PLEASE DO NOT CONTACT ME IF YOU ARE NOT LOOKING FOR MANAGEMENT OR GUIDENCE, OR HAVE OTHER THINGS IN THE WORKS. Also, I am not a "BOOKER" I AM A MANAGER,"
    Don't look for management, because he is a ...manager.
    :banghead:

Aqualung60 and LBS-bass like this.
  18. gln1955

gln1955 Supporting Member

Aug 25, 2014
    Ohio, USA
    This was the best part of the ad. Oh yeah, let me pay you to make sure I remain obscure. Sign me up!

Nashrakh and Medicine Man like this.
  19. moogieotter

moogieotter Custom Title

Jun 16, 2009
    Duluth, GA
    I massaged him.

I'll keep posted.

20. EricMordus

EricMordus

Aug 29, 2013
    NYC
    seems legit to me....