1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Another DB750 & cab question (EA cab that is)

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Rocky55, Apr 4, 2006.

1. Rocky55

Rocky55 Supporting Member

DISCLAIMER:
    1. I really like my EA rig (iAMP800/NL210/CXL112)
    2. I hate this gas inducing place!!!

I've gotten very curious where the DB750 is concerned. Problem is nobody around here carries them and the only one in the area that I know of is Oddio's. :crying: I might just have to try to convince him to let me try it out. :bag:

The thing is, I can't really justify getting a new amp let alone new cabs. If I was to get the Aguilar head, I would have to play it through my current EA cabs (for now), at least until I can get my hands on a Berg (or 2). For those of you who have tried the DB750 & EA cabs... any input/advice/suggestions? :confused:

Thanks.... (b@st@rds!) :D

Rocky

2. tombowlus

tombowlus If it sounds good, it is good Gold Supporting Member

Apr 3, 2003
    North central Ohio
    Editor-in-Chief, Bass Gear Magazine
    Give me some time and I'll put a DB 750/NL-210/CxL-112 through its paces. :cool:

3. Rocky55

Thanks Tom. I knew you were the guy to ask, but since everyone has been calling on you lately, I just felt bad asking you directly (again). I figured you would step up like you always do. Thanks for doing this.

Rocky

4. lo-freq

lo-freq aka UFO

Jan 19, 2003
    DFW, Texas
    Your EA cabs should sound great with the DB750.

TomBowlus can tell you the whole scoop (if he's tried this combination yet) or at least give you a more informed guess.

I would think a pair of NL-210 would be even better (per my tastes), but YMMV.

What about your current system do you not like?...
    [I would think it would be awesome.]
    ...Or is it just pure GAS?

5. lo-freq

lo-freq aka UFO

Jan 19, 2003
    DFW, Texas
    OOPS!!!

I was too slow on the keyboard...

6. Rocky55

PURE G.A.S., hence the disclaimer about hating this place... and calling you guys something that rhymes with mustard! ;)