Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Another decision thread!

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by klharper, Jan 15, 2006.

1. klharper

klharper

Oct 16, 2005
    Nashville, TN
    I know.... shoot me now

My price range is up to 900 total (including a case), but would like to go as low as possible to keep options open for later, as I have other things to take care of and would like to upgrade my rig sometime soon.

I'll be playing mostly some indie pop/rock with a jazzy flare... influenced a bit by The Beatles, The Strokes, and a good deal of others. I'd like a jazz-style bass (resemebling a Fender Jazz, but not necessarily a Fender - haven't been the biggest fans of the Fenders I've played). I'd also really like an active/passive switch, and 21+ frets - not a requirement but a plus factor (24 would be nice but not necessary, 22 would be helpful)

Here's my *main* choices, kind of in order from top to bottom... but loose order. Let me know what you think!

(N for New, U for Used, based on what I can afford)

TBC JT-400JJ w/ Active/Passive switch (once available) (N)
    Schecter Stiletto Exotic (N, U)
    Ernie Ball MusicMan Sterling (U)
    Fender Jazz Geddy Lee Sig (N, U)
    Lakland Skyline DJ or JO jazz (U - pushing it)
    Fender Jazz Marcus Miller Sig (N, U)
    MIJ Fender Jazz w/ USA pickups (N, U)
    USA Peavey (Cirrus, Millenium) (U)
    Spector Legend (N)
    Schecter Stiletto Custom (N)
    G&L 2000 (U - hard to find it seems)

TBC leads for sheer amazing value and great word about them, but not being able to try before buy hurts.
    If you have any other suggestions that fit my situation, please let me know :)
    Any comments at all appreciated about any of these basses, or other reccomendations, etc.