Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Another DI question...

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by enigma49, May 20, 2003.

1. enigma49

enigma49

Nov 22, 2002
    NJ
    In a previous string, I asked for suggestions to a DI situation I ran into. Basically, I have a 2 channel bass rig (one clean and the other effects). For a DI, I'm using a Behringer DI 4000 4-channel box. In a lot of the clubs, the sound tech only supplies one XLR connection to the mixer for bass. I need to combine both channels (from the DI out) to a single "mixed" XLR. While hunting around, I found a DI box and I wondered if anyone else heard of or has used it. It's a Horizon "Steroline" STL-1. I found it on www.horizonmusic.com . It has two pairs of 1/4" in / link out connections and two XLR outs. The output of the XLR's are controlled by a "stereo / mono" switch on the box. This switch will combine both inputs and put them out to a single output. That sounds like what I need, but I don't like the fact that the box is passive. If it's a good unit, I would probably replace the Behringer with it, as it can be switched to either one or two channel output. So before I possibly waste $60.00, I wondered if anyone has used this box. Any other suggestions are welcome. Thanks.

2. Munjibunga

Munjibunga Total Hyper-Elite Member Gold Supporting Member

May 6, 2000
    San Diego (when not at Groom Lake)
    Independent Contractor to Bass San Diego
  3. enigma49

enigma49

Nov 22, 2002
    NJ
    Great suggestion, but my pockets aren't that deep.